Audrey Posted August 7, 2012 Share Posted August 7, 2012 earlier today. We knew it was on its last legs, but now it's toast. :lol: One of the heating elements was not turning off. We clean the lint trap after every load, so while I know that is a common cause, it was not a factor here. I had thought it was running hot when I was doing laundry today, but it's a dryer. They're hot. I figured it was just me being overly sensitive. I put in a load of kitchen towels, went upstairs to make salad for supper and after about 15 minutes I smelled... something. I thought to check downstairs and it was a strong smell down there. Before I even opened the dryer door, I saw a lick of flame shoot out the side of the door area. I yelled for dh, then unplugged the dryer. The towels are, of course, kaput, but they're no huge loss. I'm just glad the good laundry wasn't in there! Thankfully, the weather is hot and dry, so line drying will suffice until I can look into a replacement. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.