Menu

Brag update....we take ds to Philly tomorrow to start his mentorship at Drexel

:) I can't believe it is here already! We are happily packing up and loading the car tonight to head to Philly tomorrow morning. DS reports to Drexel for his three week engineering mentorship Sunday. We're going to poke around Philly on Saturday and then deliver him to the dorm Sunday after lunch. He is so excited and God has been so incredibly good in all of this for us! Let me just share a couple updates and then I've got to help, or well I want to help, him get his stuff together!

1st update....he got his first choice of a professor to work with. Not only did he get a materials science and engineering guy, but he got the professor who works with geopolymers and max phases which is what ds wanted the most. He will get to work with the geopolymer program.

2nd update...the grad student he is assigned to is a Christian! We found out last night because her signature line had a Bible quote on it and ds wrote back to her right away.....to say we are blown away by this blessing is the understatement of the year! We were a little worried that this would be a time when he might have to be a lone ranger Christian, KWIM? Don't get me wrong, I am very glad that he will be working with a multi-national, multi-cultural group, I think that will be really great for him and will help him grow in many ways, but I'm so glad that he will have at least one person that he is working with that he can identify with in a Christian context too.

Well, got to go! Remember him in your prayers now and then please!

:auto:

Sharon, I hope your DS has a WONDERFUL time!!!! My Alec is enjoying his time at Centre with the Governor's Scholars, although it sounds like there's a lot of "play time" (not that HE's complaining about that! :001_smile:).

Oh, and .... GO CATS!!!

Sharon, I hope your DS has a WONDERFUL time!!!! My Alec is enjoying his time at Centre with the Governor's Scholars, although it sounds like there's a lot of "play time" (not that HE's complaining about that! :001_smile:).

Oh, and .... GO CATS!!!

Hey Hillary,

Glad to hear that it is going well for your Alec as Centre! We got a text from our Alex last night saying "Dis is fun!" So, I guess everything is good for now. Of course he's only been there 24 hours!

I think he will have a blast....they all seemed very nice when we met them yesterday and he has a packed schedule. Don't think they will have much time to feel homesick, KWIM?

And you know I have to say GO HEELS!!! in response.....;)

Sharon