Menu

Can I freeze Olive Garden soups?

We've been holding on to gift cards from Olive Garden and I want to use them up. None of us like anything there except soup and salad, and the place is like 35 miles from here. During show weeks, we get 'to go' family salad and family soup and eat it for several days. Not doing another musical until May so since I don't want to hold the card that long....wondered if I could get the soup, portion it, and freeze it for my lunches on days I work.

We like all their soups except minestrone.

So, do ya think it would freeze well for a month or more? I have $50 worth of cards so I might get a couple - which would take longer to go through.

I imagine they'd freeze just fine. I'm not familiar with their soups, but unless something is cream-based, it should handle freezing without incident (and, really, I've frozen cream-based things before I knew I wasn't supposed to, and they defrosted without problems).

We've been holding on to gift cards from Olive Garden and I want to use them up. None of us like anything there except soup and salad, and the place is like 35 miles from here. During show weeks, we get 'to go' family salad and family soup and eat it for several days. Not doing another musical until May so since I don't want to hold the card that long....wondered if I could get the soup, portion it, and freeze it for my lunches on days I work.

We like all their soups except minestrone.

So, do ya think it would freeze well for a month or more? I have $50 worth of cards so I might get a couple - which would take longer to go through.

Do you have any of these close by that you like?

Olive Garden, Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52 and Bahama Breeze

You can use them at those Darden Rest.'s. We used ours at LongHorn's I think. You can call the place and make sure but Darden Rest. gift cards are usable at other Darden Rest.'s.

Do you have any of these close by that you like?

Olive Garden, Red Lobster, LongHorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52 and Bahama Breeze

You can use them at those Darden Rest.'s. We used ours at LongHorn's I think. You can call the place and make sure but Darden Rest. gift cards are usable at other Darden Rest.'s.

Yeah, we have Red Lobster and Longhorn but we really don't enjoy eating out. And I was thinking that if I could freeze the soups I could make these gift cards really beneficial- it would be great to have some ready made lunches for days we have no leftovers to take.