Menu

Today is my dd's last First Day of homeschool

My oldest dc had her last first day of homeschool. We began in August of 2000 when she was starting kindergarten. It is a truly bittersweet day for me. I will never pick out curriculum for her again. I just can't believe that we are coming to an end with her education at home.

I'm incredibly proud of the young woman she has become and I am so excited about her future. But a big part of me is just sad.

God Bless,

Elise in NC

Edited by speedmom4
typo

:grouphug: :party: I'm going to be a mess come next fall. Chances are all 3 of my girls will be leaving home. Two are seniors this year. One will be graduating from the local CC and moving on to 4 yr. My home will be so quiet and empty.

:grouphug: Yes, I think I understand. DS11 will be going to school in September after only three years of homeschool, and I have felt quite bereft. After such a long time I'm sure it's even more heart-wrenching. We are so lucky to have had those special times with our children though, aren't we?

:grouphug: Yes, I think I understand. DS11 will be going to school in September after only three years of homeschool, and I have felt quite bereft. After such a long time I'm sure it's even more heart-wrenching. We are so lucky to have had those special times with our children though, aren't we?

Yes, I feel so blessed to have been able to spend all these years with my daughter (as well as my other dc). I wouldn't give those years up for all the tea in China!

Elise in NC