Menu

Yes, you do need to LEAVE when your child vomits at a party.

Right with ya on the fever thing. That sort of statement gets no mercy from me.

I'm actually not hugely over-protective about illness. I have willingly babysat other people's sick kids specifically because those others didn't have any option but to go to work or lose his job, and because the kid is someone I love, I stepped in and just washed my hands a lot. Many times, over many years.

On the other hand, a kid who is feverish, or vomiting, or obviously sick in some way (copiously dripping nose or the like) should NOT be out at a party or participating in a sport or whatever.

As for the mom at the party--no, she did not keep an eye on her kid. When I noticed him playing croquet with my son, I specifically looked all over for her and didn't see her. My sister later told me that neither of the kid's parents were particularly supervisory.

I don't think there's any question that these particular parents completely dropped the ball on this one. They wanted to be at the party, so they chose to let their poor, nauseated child (who potentially also had a concussion) suffer while they spent the day enjoying themselves and not giving the kid a second thought.

Idiots. :angry:

I keep wondering if the kid is OK. :(

:lol::lol::lol:

Oops! I'm tempted to correct it... but what the heck! A little comic relief never hurt anyone. The sad part is that I called myself proofreading that post.

Don't correct it -- I thought it was :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

And who among us knows for sure that poop was not involved? ;)

Don't correct it -- I thought it was :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

And who among us knows for sure that poop was not involved? ;)

Where there's puke, there's poop.

Parental version of, "Where there's smoke, there's fire" ;)