Menu

Exercising and booKshelves

I feel silly asking this, but I am very new to this exercise thing...

Is a sport bra an outer garment, an undergarment or can it be either?

While I've seen many-a-woman wear their sports bra sans cover, I BEG you to please, put a shirt on. :D

Personally, I wouldn't dream of going outside -- or even out of my bathroom -- with nothing but my unmentionables on. Apparently, however, other people feel that those sports bras are adequate attire.

Bottom line: to each her own. Whatever you're comfortable in.

While I've seen many-a-woman wear their sports bra sans cover, I BEG you to please, put a shirt on. :D

Personally, I wouldn't dream of going outside -- or even out of my bathroom -- with nothing but my unmentionables on. Apparently, however, other people feel that those sports bras are adequate attire.

:iagree: Personally, I'm firmly in the "sports BRA is just that" camp. ;)

IMO, it should be treated like a bra, but some women wear it without a shirt -- just like some women wear shirts without bras (in public).

Now, I workout in my room on my bike -- alone -- so I wear a dark t-shirt with nothing else. I'm flat as a pancake and there's no jiggling on my bike. -- so no need for a sports bra.

Bottom line: to each her own. Whatever you're comfortable in.

You are SO funny!!

I ask because the bra I just purchased doesn't really look like an undergarment. I will take your word that it is :D

I have seen women exercise in bra-like tops that reveal the midriff and thought they looked very comfortable for hot weather. I suppose this is a different type of garment?

I guess I need an education in exercise fashion :lol:

When I use my elliptical--in my basement, all alone--I wear just my sports bra, no shirt. Mostly because I sweat a lot and that saves me doing yet another shirt in the laundry! I wouldn't be caught dead out in public without a shirt over it, though, since my middle is way too jiggly to be acceptable! There are some cute tanks with built-in bras that might work better out in public, but I haven't been brave enough to try those. Good luck!

Sarita

Is a sport bra an outer garment, an undergarment or can it be either?

I think it depends on how big your booKs are. And what is hanging out below your booKs.

I think really thin fit women look fine in just a sports bra, especially if it's a long one. I would not subject others to me in just a sports bra.

This morning, in my basement, I wore a sports bra with a pair of shorts to do my strength training. I do have one of those built-in sports bra tank top shirt thingies, and I wear that sometimes. Most of the time, I wear a sports bra, a pair of running shorts (I think they're called running shorts. They're tight, not loose. I like them b/c they don't ride up, rub, etc.), and a wicking t-shirt. I REALLY like running socks rather than just straight cotton socks.

So, to answer your question, it can be either - just depends on your comfort level.

:) Cindy

http://welcomingkatya.blog.com/

I wear a shirt over my sports bra. I'm also about 60 pounds overweight and I wouldn't subject anyone to looking at all the flesh. eww. There are quite few women who only wear the bra. Many sports bras are colorful and are designed to be worn without a shirt. But I only see women who have very little body fat wear only the bra. The ones with the perfect abs and no jiggles. It's up to you how much you want to expose.