Menu

Bit of an emotional day today

One year ago today I was out in my yard hosing off carseat bases, scrubbing carseat frames and the double stroller I'd bought, getting ready for twins, crying because seeing two carseats together made everything suddenly real.

Today I was out in the yard doing all those same things (including crying) because the carseats and stroller are about to go on Craigslist.

I found the first seat on CL and searched literally all over the U.S. to find a match. I finally found one in Colorado and had it shipped to me. I will never forget putting both seats together and how it felt to see matching seats.

I'll never forget being told to bring the carseats to the NICU and refusing because didn't these stupid nurses know the babies weren't going to make it? They were too small, too weak, and would never be in those seats. I'm so glad I was wrong and they were right.

I knew I could post this here because you ladies would understand. I want to keep these. I still want a do-over. I'd love to have twins again. I feel like I won the lottery, having these two little ones. I love that I got to do this. I wish I knew if there was going to be another infant carseat in my future (my dc are bugging me to no end, demanding to know if I'm pg yet :tongue_smilie:). This has been such a beautiful blessing - even the hard parts.

Emotional post over. Thanks for reading. :)

P9300033.jpg

And now...IMG_1738.jpgsmall-3.jpg

It was surreal putting the carseats back together tonight. I half expected to look down and see an enormous pregnant belly and feel movement, the scene was so much like last year. Thank you, ladies, for your kindness in responding and allowing me to share this very special part of my life. ♥

Edited by LuvnMySvn

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I would be emotional, too! If you're feeling that way, maybe it would be best to hold on to the stuff for a while longer, when you won't regret getting rid of them.

I'd love to see a current photo, too, but if you'd prefer not to post it for privacy reasons, I absolutely understand.

The carseat covers are still wet so will take/post a 'now' picture later. But until that time I will post this...I am still amazed when I see pictures of the babies together that they are both here and that they are both mine. When will it sink in, moms of twins?

Juliette Elise Oliver Cory William

IMG_1365-1.jpg

I have a fabulous double naked butt picture but am not sure that would go over so well on a public forum, lol. :D

Whoa. That is some serious cuteness. I agree with Dianne. SHare your story with whom you give them to. Many mamas understand and will cherish a previously loved gift like that. When I was ready to give up all my cloth diapers and such, I felt like I wanted to screen people and make sure they would love them LOL.

And I would get rid of the seats. Some other poor, overwhelmed, frightened mom or mom to be of twinners would love to get them. Especially if you tucked a wonderful, encouraging note in there, too :)

Very beautiful babies - they look like angels!

I agree with the encouraging note when you sell them - can picture a grateful momma-to-be of twins feeling blessed by matching seats with a btdt note!

They're beautiful!!

And I would get rid of the seats. Some other poor, overwhelmed, frightened mom or mom to be of twinners would love to get them. Especially if you tucked a wonderful, encouraging note in there, too :)

:iagree:

The seats are just things, I would think about blowing up the picture of them to 5x7 and framing it if you haven't already. It is a beautiful memory, but you need room to make more!

They are beautiful babies.

Oh wow. Those beautiful kiddos just made my day! How sweet!

I'm so glad I clicked on your thread. :D

I agree with the posters who said to get a nice photo with them in the seats or get the first one you posted blown up, etc. Though I understand how hard it is to re-home stuff when it was your little one's. I still have all of most of my son's stuff packed away here and there. :tongue_smilie:

They are gorgeous!

I'm not at all surprised that you wouldn't mind doing it all again. As hard as it must be at times, looking at those beautiful little faces I can see how it's definitely worth it. You are very blessed.

So precious! You are doing much better than I when my twins were one. I felt like I was just coming out of the fog that consumed me that year. It gets better and better:).

This is what I was thinking! I definitely was not feeling like I'd won the kiddo lottery at the 1 year mark. :lol: Your babies are beautiful! I do love having twins, but it took me longer. MUCH longer.