Menu

Mop with reusable, washable pads?

If you have one, what brand/kind do you have? Do you like it? Is it easy to use? Could you make your own replacements easily?

I'm in the market for a new mop, and I've always used the kind with the roller head that squeezes out the excess water. I'm OK with that kind, but I don't like that it takes forever for the spongy head to dry, and the heads seem to get destroyed quickly from the pressure.

If you love your mop (of any kind) or method, can you tell me about it?

TIA!

I have the Libman Freedom Mop and it's great. I think I got it at Ace or some other local store though...didn't pay this but it's an easy link. :tongue_smilie: I like it because you can put your own cleaner in, just open the chamber and pour your preferred solution. I like to use hot water in my homemade solution, and this makes it easy to do that. The replacement cloths were reasonably inexpensive. I think I have five. Yes, it would be easy to make your own.

I have one of these and really like it: http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Reveal-Spray-Mop-FG1M1600GRYRD/dp/B003UA7F46/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top I love being able to machine wash the pads and being able to refill the spray bottle with my own cleaning solution. I haven't tried making replacement pads, but I think it would be easy enough for someone who sews better than I do.