Menu

Zumba for Wii???

Aww.. I was hoping someone would answer. I've been very curious but since our Wii is in the living room, I don't think I'd have the courage to zumba in the main part of the house! I'd have to do it way early in the morning when no one is awake. :tongue_smilie: But it looks like fun!

I guess it's up to me :-)

Zumba 2 is definitely better - the music is better and the moves are MUCH easier to follow. It is a pretty major workout for a Wii game! Even my 12YO, who is thin and active and does martial arts and biking and still runs around like a little kid at the park, is huffing and puffing after we do several songs in a row (I start huffing and puffing LONG before then, :lol: !!). I have several Wii exercise games for our cold winters when I can't walk (Exerbeat, EA Sports Active, Walk It Out, and the Just Dance series are the best other than Zumba), and Zumba is the most active of all of them.

The music is all Latin or Latin inspired, sometimes a little rap-like, occasionally a bit suggestive in the lyrics (nothing out and out raunchy that I've been able to discern with my old ears), and they do bleep out a lyric here and there. It is very catchy upbeat music and will make you want to move, it's not just 'generic aerobics class music' like some of the other games (I love Exerbeat but really wish I could change the music on it).

Night Elf, I hate to tell you this, but doing it in the early morning before everyone else is awake might not work too well - it's hard to do this properly without some jumping and thumping, and it's pretty easy to shake the floorboards! :-) Also, you'll probably want to have the music a little loud and that might wake people up. Do it with your dd14 and try to convince her it's a fun family activity! :-)

It's tricky at first because they don't really do verbal cues, just show graphics on the screen for what is coming up, but if you have done Just Dance then you know how that works. It does take some getting used to, because the graphics don't always look much like the move, but after you have done that song a few times, you will remember. I can't explain the scoring because I don't understand it myself!!! :-) But basically, the closer you are to what the dancer onscreen is doing, the better you will score - and probably you won't care too much about the score because it's just fun :-) You put the nunchuk in an included belt that goes around your hips, and that can be a little tricky to get placed right the first few times you use it, but it seems to be pretty forgiving. (The belt is also large enough to be used by men or plus-size women up to at least size 20, my mom was able to use it just fine.)

Hope that helps! I'm glad I have it, if you are looking for an indoor active game this is a really good choice.