Menu

Notgrass EWH & geogrpahy? (Exploring World History)

Are you looking for modern day maps while studying world history?

I like Blackline Maps of World History but I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Just looked around and I don't think that exact product is available anymore. It was made by Knowledge Quest. Here is something that looks similar from the same company:

http://www.knowledgequestmaps.com/Map-Trek-World-CD.html

We used Notgrass EWH as part of the MFW 9th & 10th grade programs, and MFW includes this geography book: the Walch World History & Geography book. http://www.mfwbooks.com/products/M50/50/5/0/1

We *really* like that book. The maps are detailed, and for each map, there's a page or two of history about that particular region and what was going on there, as well as how the area changed through the centuries.

On the Notgrass Y*hoo group, there's a schedule in the Files section for how to add 12 weeks worth of geography and missions study to EWH. I believe, IIRC, that I saw this same geography book recommended there.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I've been wondering the same thing. Has anyone used MapTrek with Notgrass EWH? They have a schedule for incorporating their maps with Notgrass and many other curriculum on the website.

I liked MapTrek because they provide an answer key. The one used with MFW does not have a key.

I know this is an old thread, but I've been wondering the same thing. Has anyone used MapTrek with Notgrass EWH? They have a schedule for incorporating their maps with Notgrass and many other curriculum on the website.

I liked MapTrek because they provide an answer key. The one used with MFW does not have a key.

I've thought a lot about it. I like the content in the Walch book that MFW uses with the info like Donna A said... however.. it wasn't lack of answer key on the maps that was a problem for me (I could check fairly quickly).... it was the quality of the map outlines that created a lot of problems in my house. I know we must have some kind of visual issue going on, but my daughter and I both struggled seeing the land from water, and really did not like the outlines and lines in the Walch maps.

maptrek is one of the things I'm thinking about for the child who is going in ahl in a few weeks..... not sure what else is out there... or if I'll just use the Walch book and do some touch up work on them as we go along.

• 1 year later...

I've thought a lot about it. I like the content in the Walch book that MFW uses with the info like Donna A said... however.. it wasn't lack of answer key on the maps that was a problem for me (I could check fairly quickly).... it was the quality of the map outlines that created a lot of problems in my house. I know we must have some kind of visual issue going on, but my daughter and I both struggled seeing the land from water, and really did not like the outlines and lines in the Walch maps.

maptrek is one of the things I'm thinking about for the child who is going in ahl in a few weeks..... not sure what else is out there... or if I'll just use the Walch book and do some touch up work on them as we go along.

Us too..

Crystal, did you end up using the maptrek?  I looked at it on the Knowledge Quest site. 

Feedback?

(we're considering it for MFW's WHL)

Hi Lisa,

Nope.  didn't end up using maptrek.  My middle child didn't have any visual problems with the map book in AHL/WHL so I had no need to change.  It was just my oldest and I guess my own eyes that had a vision issue.  Middle gal does the maps in the mfw program and makes them look really pretty.   special note, in AHL, MFW has gone to something else for maps (I heard it was in house published) and waits on the Walch book until WHL

Thanks Crystal!

I'm thinking we'll stick with the Walch book for WHL.  I like the Map Trek...but don't want to spend more $ when I have what will "get it done".

Is your middle doing WHL this fall?

I hadn't thought we would...but we are...on the fence, off, then back on it.  Homeschooling does that to the brain sometimes...especially when I read too much on these boards!  (choices, opinions, etc.!)

Hope you are well -

Blessings!