Menu

Holes in armpits of T-shirts?

Dh frequently gets holes in the arms of his T-shirts, sometimes after only one or two wearings of the shirt! Why is this? He is broad-chested, so I don't know if it's just the strain across his chest, but it's not like his shirts are two sizes too small or anything! Also, is it worth it to repair it, if the hole is on the seam? Please help us solve this mystery!

My guess is that he is stretching the fabric too much when he is putting the shirt on.

Maybe you need to spy on your dh's dressing and undressing for a bit to see what is going on. :001_wub: .....or just to enjoy the show. LOL

My dh gets this, too - though usually after a time of wearing. I think it's the deodorant. If it's on the seam, I would try to hand stitch it myself, even if the stitching is ugly (who is going to look at his pits? if anyone does, much bigger issues).

My dh gets this, too - though usually after a time of wearing. I think it's the deodorant. If it's on the seam, I would try to hand stitch it myself, even if the stitching is ugly (who is going to look at his pits? if anyone does, much bigger issues).

Hmmm, interesting theory. Like, maybe the deodorant is too harsh? He uses Old Spice stick.

Hmmm, interesting theory. Like, maybe the deodorant is too harsh? He uses Old Spice stick.

I have this feeling that it's some combination of the chemicals working at the fabric and itching my dh, who then scratches through the shirt, at the same time.

So, why, you may ask, doesn't he try switching brands? Because change makes him go.......:ack2:

:glare: