Menu

Experiments book for 4 years old

Rush

Well, we are reading lots of encyclopedias and different thematic books for science from the local library. For the following year we've ordered Singapore Child's Play Science and now I am looking for Science books with first experiments for an appropriate age too. Can anyone suggest me something easy and interesting, pls? I am sure I've seen something before, but I am not able to find anything right now:(

also, which science kit would you advice to buy? I was thinking about the insect kit(nets, bug's jar, bug sucking gun, ants farm, maybe larvae), compass? balance toy. What else will be suitable for 4-5 years old?

Edited by rushhush08

Ones we're using for this year (3-7 age range for our 3 kiddos)

Science Play: Beginning Discoveries for 2-6 year olds

Sandbox Scientist: Real Science Activities for Little Kids

Usborne Science Activities Vol 1

Usborne Science Activities Vol 2

Other enrichments:

Bill Nye

The Happy Scientist

Pinterest Board

AHA! Science (mostly for my 1st grader)

Commercial Science Kits & Gadget pieces (Biology Madness, lots of little toys etc)

Discover & Do DVDs (Sonlight science DVDs that go along with the Usborne books)

Our Main things are Science Play & Sandbox Scientist with Happy Scientist for non-messy/sick days, and AHA! Science to beef things up a little for my oldest.

We liked the "step into science" experiment box set at that age--it has everything you need for the experiments. I would check your library for "Let's Play and Find Out" books by Janice Van Cleave.

Mud Pies to Magnets is wonderful, but I like having everything pulled together for me so we spend more time doing experiments and less time looking for balloons, salt and rubber bands.