Menu

I want an Italian curriculum

AimeeM

I know what you mean!

My 14yo has been taking classes at our local Italian Cultural Center for the last few years. They're taught by native speakers, and she's surrounded by bilingual kids. If you live near an urban area, check to see if you've got an Italian cultural or heritage organization. Ours also has a resource library, so we can check out books and materials.

Applause Learning carries a lot of Italian curriculum materials. It's where we buy the books for my daughter's classes. You might find something there that would work for you!

I know what you mean!

My 14yo has been taking classes at our local Italian Cultural Center for the last few years. They're taught by native speakers, and she's surrounded by bilingual kids. If you live near an urban area, check to see if you've got an Italian cultural or heritage organization. Ours also has a resource library, so we can check out books and materials.

Applause Learning carries a lot of Italian curriculum materials. It's where we buy the books for my daughter's classes. You might find something there that would work for you!

We live in upstate South Carolina. Lol. No Italian classes (really, no Italians). I do have the advantage that my husband is the son of Italian immigrants... so my FIL may be able to help via skype (hubby's from outside of philly and FIL still lives there), but I also need something in the way of curriculum. I will definitely check out the link you provided. Thanks!

Isn't it a drag looking for good Italian curriculum?

EVERYTHING is Spanish. Ugh.

I bought this last week, from a woman whose son used it in a CC class. My husband (native Italian) gave it a big thumbs up. http://www.amazon.com/Oggi-In-Italia-Course-Italian/dp/0618678123/ref=pd_sim_b_1

This is the text my university Italian class used (an older version, of course). :001_smile:

Here: Italian curriculum

:D

Okay, not really, but if you have a small grasp of the language you can use the printables on that site. They're meant for 5-7yos so everything from letters to easy readers to math papers can be downloaded.

My college Italian is a bit rusty, but my favorite part of this site so far is the ad at the top that I think says "Learn English online" in Italian. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Another great one for young kids just starting out with Italian is the Berlitz Italian for Kids tape set. It consists of songs and activities along with a workbook that goes with it. Our kids listened to it again and again, and I'm planning on using it with the little guys while the bigger kids do Fluenz, which I just purchased but haven't used yet.

That said, I would definitely not recommend the Berlitz adult Italian program. It may have gotten better, but while trying to use it before leaving for Italy, our Italian exchange student said that it was riddled with errors.