Menu

Bizarre and funny!

My mom lost her coupon holder at the grocery store on Monday. It never ended up in the store's lost and found. My mom was upset because she had not only coupons but rainchecks as well and a voucher for dog food. She was really mad about not having that dog food.

Tonight she got a phone call from a young man who said he had her coupon holder. He had found it, took it home and then forgot about it. His roommate found it at their house and discovered my mother's info inside. So after he explained it all he said they would bring it by. My dad met them outside, and my mom came out and thanked them. My dad gave the young man a $20 bill for their trouble. The young man didn't even want to take it, but my dad is persistent. They left.

They returned about 30 minutes later. They wanted to return the $20. They said they took the money and went to the store and bought a scratch lottery ticket. It won $200! They brought the ticket back with them to prove it. They said they felt that they had to return the $20 under the circumstances. :lol: Then they thanked my mom for the good luck and went to cash in their ticket! :lol:

Is that not bizarre?

i love stories like this!!

I thought it was really neat the way it unfolded. I thought you guys here would appreciate it too. My favorite part is that they brought the ticket to show my dad so that he would take back the money. The young man didn't think my dad would actually believe that they had won the $200 unless they had the ticket to show him. :lol:

My mom lost her coupon holder at the grocery store on Monday. It never ended up in the store's lost and found. My mom was upset because she had not only coupons but rainchecks as well and a voucher for dog food. She was really mad about not having that dog food.

Tonight she got a phone call from a young man who said he had her coupon holder. He had found it, took it home and then forgot about it. His roommate found it at their house and discovered my mother's info inside. So after he explained it all he said they would bring it by. My dad met them outside, and my mom came out and thanked them. My dad gave the young man a $20 bill for their trouble. The young man didn't even want to take it, but my dad is persistent. They left.

They returned about 30 minutes later. They wanted to return the $20. They said they took the money and went to the store and bought a scratch lottery ticket. It won $200! They brought the ticket back with them to prove it. They said they felt that they had to return the $20 under the circumstances. :lol: Then they thanked my mom for the good luck and went to cash in their ticket! :lol:

Is that not bizarre?

That was so kind of them! How awesome!