Menu

Getting discount verification from Adobe

for their student/teacher discounts. Has anyone done this? How hard is it? I see their qualifications, but we have no notification in our state and we don't belong to a group that offers ID. I have a teacher ID, but it's not from an organization. Much of our curriculum is regular books and such and I buy in pieces. Will they accept my receipt for Singapore math only as proof of homeschooling?

I only did it for my daughter who was in community college, and that was easy. Do they have an 800 number you can call and ask? could you write a letter explaining the situation, and send copies of various curriculum you are using?

Hi, I haven't posted much, but I just went through this process this week, so I thought I'd chime in.

I am in the middle of this process right now. I used my receipt from Learning A-Z.com. I just got my notice that my product shipped about an hour ago, though I have yet to get my activation code. I don't know if I'll have to wait until I get the product to finish that process or not, as I don't remember how I did it the first time I had an educational discount. I have had some trouble with the verification process this time, but I believe (at this point) the trouble is related to Adobe's website being a little finicky.

I was so focused on wondering if I was going to get hassled for using my Learning A-Z.com receipt that I completely forgot to pay attention and order the Mac version of my software...soon I'll be able to tell everyone what it's like to return materials bought with the educational discount, too....:glare:

I only did it for my daughter who was in community college, and that was easy. Do they have an 800 number you can call and ask? could you write a letter explaining the situation, and send copies of various curriculum you are using?

We haven't bought anything yet, but I don't want to have trouble activating something. the price difference on what ds wants is quite extreme. I'll probably wait until it's closer to when he has the money to try, but I wondered if others have had issue without an .edu address.

Hi' date=' I haven't posted much, but I just went through this process this week, so I thought I'd chime in.

I am in the middle of this process right now. I used my receipt from Learning A-Z.com. I just got my notice that my product shipped about an hour ago, though I have yet to get my activation code. I don't know if I'll have to wait until I get the product to finish that process or not, as I don't remember how I did it the first time I had an educational discount. I have had some trouble with the verification process this time, but I believe (at this point) the trouble is related to Adobe's website being a little finicky.

I was so focused on wondering if I was going to get hassled for using my Learning A-Z.com receipt that I completely forgot to pay attention and order the Mac version of my software...soon I'll be able to tell everyone what it's like to return materials bought with the educational discount, too....:glare:[/quote']

Oh, bummer. I hate things like that. Hopefully you'll come back and say it was a simple process. I did save some receipts or can get some online for more educational type stuff.

I've done it twice. The first time I went through Academic Superstore and they had to 'approve' me, but I still had to go through the approval process at Adobe. Adobe accepted my Amazon receipts (as curric purchase proof) among other things. I just took screen shots of my digital invoices and uploaded them. You can upload more than one document. It took a few days, but it came through both times no problem.

Edited by LemonPie

I just had the same problem with Academic Superstore. I'm in TX, so no official state or city letters of "official recognition." I don't belong to HSLDA or a support group. The little 20 family co-op we joined doesn't have "official letterhead." And we've been moving so slowly through our curriculum that I haven't bought any in a long time and don't have any receipts! :tongue_smilie:

I ended up buying the next level of AAS, even though we won't use it for a while. I emailed them a copy of the electronic receipt and was approved a few hours later. YOu might want to check out Academic Superstore because their discounts were pretty similar to the educational wing of Adobe.

To the OP, if you are concerned, just send in more than once receipt with homeschool purchases. Their website does say that dated curriculum receipts can be submitted as verification. I just purchased the Creative Suite a week ago with two receipts. Also, as a "just-in-case" measure, I submitted a pdf copy of the summary of my state's homeschool laws on which I added notes and highlighted the parts that back up why I am qualified to homeschool and why I am not submitting a letter of intent as part of my verification (my son is young enough that I don't need to submit one to the district yet). My documents were accepted and I received my serial numbers and the downloads within a day.

If you have problems, contact their customer support. Good luck!

When you go to upload your receipt there will be a box where you can add notes. I typed something to the effect of "This is a receipt of curriculum we use for homeschooling." I also named the file I uploaded "homeschoolingproof.pdf".

I'm not entirely sure they want to be the curriculum police, because really, if they cared *that* much, they wouldn't be letting just *any* homeschool family get an educational discount. They would easily argue that only households with at least one child of an age realistically able to use the software purchased will qualify for the discount, but they do not. My 7 year old is a pretty good photographer and he occasionally plays with Lightroom with me, but it's a stretch to argue he "needs" it. They could argue that giving me the discount for Photoshop was too much too ask at this point.