Menu

bell peppers?

Between my garden and my CSA we have way too many bell peppers. Any ideas on how to use them up? The CSA gave us some pretty good greenish peppers. In my garden I planted purple peppers (they were on sale at the nursery) which aren't bad, but not particularly tasty (probably the reason for the sale).

Any recipes that use up a lot of peppers?

Also - we've got eggplant coming out our ears too. I'm thinking of making up a ton of baba ganoush - does it freeze well?

You cans slice bell peppers up, flash freeze them and then dump them in a ziploc.

:iagree: My mom always sliced or diced up bell pepper and put them in 1 cup measurements in quart size freezer safe Ziploc bags, then just stuck them in the freezer to use as she needed them. They tasted great!

i'm making stuffed for dinner tonight, but i think those are best with red/yellow/orange. a long time ago i used to just saute up peppers and onions and serve over rice - in any case, you can put some in stir fry, on skewers on the grill (with other meat and veggies, like souvlaki), salads of course, mild salsa . . .

:iagree: My mom always sliced or diced up bell pepper and put them in 1 cup measurements in quart size freezer safe Ziploc bags, then just stuck them in the freezer to use as she needed them. They tasted great!

This is what I do. They are great added to stir fries, soups, chili, fajitas, etc. So much cheaper than buying fresh peppers in winter.