Menu

Board honesty

I've been mulling over something posted in response to something I posted (that my action toward my dh was rude and disrespectful). That response prompted a great discussion I had with my dh regarding not only my action (getting rid of old tapes/CDs) but what he viewed as disrespect (thankfully, he never saw my getting rid of those things as disrespectful).

Yet that posted response made me pause as I realized that my flippant post could cause someone else here to stumble - meaning if they followed suit it could cause some serious unrest in their marriage.

All this to say that I am so thankful for those here who post their opinions. I am one who has strong opinions yet tends to keep it to myself (I'm too afraid of upsetting people usually) so I admire those confident enough to call someone out on things. That one is able to do so graciously is even more admirable (I'm usually a foot in the mouth kind of gal when I do try to speak up).

I have learned so much from you all whether it be homeschool issues or life issues. Responses such as what I mentioned remind me to be careful of what I post, to slow down and think before I hit "Submit".

That's all. Thanks for reading. :)

I've been mulling over something posted in response to something I posted (that my action toward my dh was rude and disrespectful). That response prompted a great discussion I had with my dh regarding not only my action (getting rid of old tapes/CDs) but what he viewed as disrespect (thankfully, he never saw my getting rid of those things as disrespectful).

Yet that posted response made me pause as I realized that my flippant post could cause someone else here to stumble - meaning if they followed suit it could cause some serious unrest in their marriage.

All this to say that I am so thankful for those here who post their opinions. I am one who has strong opinions yet tends to keep it to myself (I'm too afraid of upsetting people usually) so I admire those confident enough to call someone out on things. That one is able to do so graciously is even more admirable (I'm usually a foot in the mouth kind of gal when I do try to speak up).

I have learned so much from you all whether it be homeschool issues or life issues. Responses such as what I mentioned remind me to be careful of what I post, to slow down and think before I hit "Submit".

That's all. Thanks for reading. :)

It is a tricky business :glare:, I usually soft pedal so that I do not offend people. But I also appreciate those who take the risk to point out a problem.

I have noticed that sometimes this causes great discussion and sometimes it gets closed down. :001_smile:

I agree that I have received some good advice here.