Menu

Ebay, would you complain?

A seller sold me an item with a missing part.

Nowhere in the listing was the missing part mentioned. There was a picture of the item without the part, but there was also a bag and some things you can't see clearly in the picture.

Item was listed in good/great condition and the model number was listed....the model number implies you get that entire model, right?

I did call the company that manufactures the item and they sent me out the part for free, but I still feel the ebay lister should have been upfront.

Dawn

Yeah, I'd probably complain. It worked out ok for you, but I'm actually pretty surprised that a manufacturer sent you a part for free. And you had to take the time to track down the number and call. Worth a mild complaint, if nothing else to educate the seller that full descriptions are necessary.

I would e-mail the seller to see how they respond. They might offer you a discount.

Is it at all possible they didn't know it was missing?

:iagree:

If it was something like a Lego set with hundreds of pieces, I could understand if a tiny piece was missing and the seller didn't realize it. (We have had pieces missing in brand new sets.)

If it was something with only 5 or 6 pieces and one was missing, there's no excuse for that.

It still doesn't hurt to email the seller and see if he or she can send you the missing piece, in case the company takes its time mailing the part to you.

No, they knew. It was one of the plugs! When I received the item there was an instruction page with a huge circle around the part and a note that said, "missing part."

I rechecked the auction to see if I missed her mentioning it. I did not. It was never mentioned.

Dawn

No, they knew. It was one of the plugs! When I received the item there was an instruction page with a huge circle around the part and a note that said, "missing part."

I rechecked the auction to see if I missed her mentioning it. I did not. It was never mentioned.

Dawn

Complain. They did not disclose this and the good/great condition tells you everything is there. Give low rating and ebay will tell you how to handle this.

glad it worked out okay. did you contact the seller to let them know there was a part missing? (and how big a deal was the missing part? inconvenient, or not work?) how did they respond? If they knew the part was missing, I'd file a complaint.

eta: based on your update, absolutely complain. also, state what you want done about it. are you just complaining so she get's a black mark on her file, or do you want some of your money back becasue you wouldn't have spent that much or bought the item if you knew something major was missing.