Menu

question about Sonlight/timeline/map/ homeschool tracker

ktgrok

I've got all the history readings, lit readings, and read alouds entered. Now I need to put in the timeline and map activities. And I can't figure out a good way to do it. It drives me nuts that the schedule just puts that there IS an activity, but you have to look in the back, in the book notes to find the details. And since those notes are NOT organized by day or even by week, I'm having to search all over.

Anyone got a brilliant idea?

Also, I'm thinking of putting all the timeline and map assignments on one day of the week, rather than doing them so spread out. We are doing the 4 day plan, so I could make the 5th day the timeline/map stuff.

:bigear: I wish I had an answer-hope someone does b/c this drives me batty too. I thought this was supposed to be something that was fixed with the newer IG, but not having a newer IG on hand, I don't know for sure.

All I do for a map activity is send the kids to the wall map to look up the places we just read about so we just do that right after the reading. We have been timeline slackers lately.

thanks all. I figured out a way to get the timeline assignments in. I went into the lesson plan and made an assignment under history, with the activity timeline, and resource "timeline figures". I set it to start on day 5, and repeat every 5 days. This way it will generally be on fridays, after our 4 days of reading. I already have my reading assignments in, so I just look at which chapters of Story of the World are scheduled in those first 5 days, then use the Timeline Figures Schedule in the front section of the IG to figure out what figures go with those chapters. Then I type them into the directions section of the assignment. I'm just history now, as I can organize the lesson plan by subject to make it easier to figure out where i'm at. If there are more books in a 5 day period all the timeling figures will be in the same assignment, to keep things easy for him.

Still not sure how to do the map stuff, but will figure that out later.

Edited by ktgrok