Menu

Goddess Girls?

TriciaS

My 10 (now 11) dd loves these. She isn't a strong reader, but when she finds something she likes, she becomes a regular reader. They are fluff, but she's picking up things her older sister (who won't stop reading :glare:) often references and that is giving her confidence that she can be a reader too.

Good to know - my 2nd grader is really a good reader, but she's addicted to the Rainbow Magic Fairy books right now. I'm happy she's reading anything, really I am. But she reads through those in an hour! :) Maybe I'll try a couple of these. Are they any harder to read than those fairy books?

If your daughters like horses, my daughter loves Magic Pony Carousel

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Pony-Carousel-Sparkle-Circus/dp/0060837799/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343891038&sr=8-1&keywords=magic+carousel+pony

and Wind Dancers

http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Dancers-Wishes-Horses-Breyer/dp/0312382804/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343891100&sr=1-4&keywords=wind+dancer

There isn't any boy/girl type stuff in any of the ones we have read together if you want to avoid those kinds of things.

Good to know - my 2nd grader is really a good reader, but she's addicted to the Rainbow Magic Fairy books right now. I'm happy she's reading anything, really I am. But she reads through those in an hour! :) Maybe I'll try a couple of these. Are they any harder to read than those fairy books?

No. According to our local school district's AR list (Accelrated Reader), they are comparable.

DD loves Goddess Girls. There's another series that focuses on Pandora and h efforts to get the evils back after they were released (because she wanted to show off for her friends, in the series) that's similar in feel, but slightly more difficult, and still less intense than Percy Jackson.

DD loves Goddess Girls. There's another series that focuses on Pandora and h efforts to get the evils back after they were released (because she wanted to show off for her friends, in the series) that's similar in feel, but slightly more difficult, and still less intense than Percy Jackson.

Would you mind sharing the name of the series, if you can recall it? :001_smile:

DD loves Pandora too :)

waa510 - The first book is Pandora Gets Jealous by Carolyn Hennessy and there are 6 books out so far