Menu

Getting shoe polish off car windows..

There has to be a better way. Right? Tell me you have an easy, fool proof way to get baked on shoe polish off my car. I just spent an hour cleaning 2 windows. I have 5 to go! I'm using Green Works glass and surface cleaner and paper towels if that matters. I thought about getting dd's nail polish remover, but I'm afraid of spilling it on the paint!

Help! My arms are tired.

I have to ask, how did you get Shoe Polish all over your car windows?

Also, if you have cardboard/newspaper or even plastic bags you can put it on your doors with ducttape (use the duct tape to secure the stuff but dont put it all over the car, of course) and then use Nailpolish remover, if that will work.

Why don't you give the nailpolish remover a try on a small scale and if it is loads easier, put a little time and effort into protecting the paint job with towels, papers, plastic whatever and make your life easier....

The state swim meet (qualifier for national state games) was last weekend. It's tradition to decorate the windows of the car for the trip. I'm going to try the magic eraser, and if that doesn't work, I may use your suggestion and go w/ the nail polish remover. The last 2 years they forgot to decorate the car. It was nice.

And I'm done! Magic eraser wiped it off as easily as melting butter. The back window took a little longer, but it was thicker. I did have to get a 2nd eraser, but it even took off the spills on the rubber strip around the windows! I'll keep the wd-40 in mind too!