Menu

Math Mammoth Sale

NatashainDFW

Anyone know if they ever have individual items for sale? We just need to supplement a few things (U.S. measurements, money) for MEP and I don't really "need" the whole package (as much as I may want it:)).

I think Maria has random 20% off sales on the Math Mammoth website, but I'm not entirely sure which specific products those are for.

Anyone know if they ever have individual items for sale? We just need to supplement a few things (U.S. measurements, money) for MEP and I don't really "need" the whole package (as much as I may want it:)).

Rainbow Resource just posted on Facebook that MM is on sale this month on their site. Not sure what products they offer.

Quick question - this is my first time using HSBC. In order to get the Light Blue Series at 50%, do 250 people have to sign up for the Light Blue Series or is it 250 people for any of the items?

250 people for any of the items!!! I committed to buy the light blue series though and can't wait....from what I understand it has hit 50% every time its been offered

It doesn't seem to be updating quickly for some reason so I don't know if we will be able to keep a really close eye on it until later in the month. We were pulling our hair out with Singapore but a quick switch to Math Mammoth last year did wonders. It wasn't that he didn't understand the work but that it was just presented in a way that drove him crazy. White paper and lots of white space with MM really helped DS get his work done without a melt down.

It won't show all the people who have committed to buy at x%....so it will suddenly jump up numbers. As in, when it reaches the number of people to buy at say 40%, it will suddenly include everyone at that price level. Same with 50%, so it will go o for days/weeks stuck at 150 or whatever, then suddenly there will be enough people (bc 90 people could be signed up to buy at 50%, but it won't reflect those buyers until either 10 more commit to the 50% price or buy at the lower percentage...does that make sense?

I honestly believe the downloads are the best way to go. For one thing it is more economical since you can reprint each workbook as the next child needs it. Also there is no waiting for the next math book to get to your house when your child suddenly flies through the last third of their current book.

Rainbow Resources has a sale also. The work books are $2.00 off.

I just got an e mail this morning from Maria at MM saying Kagi downloads will be on sale Aug 6-19th.

I usually buy the printed workbooks and get the supportive materials download. I love the worksheet generator!

Has anyone used the other components in the "Everything Bundle"? I know that I want several blue book items (so I'm vacillating between the HSBC blue book bundle, seeing what the Kagi sale will cover, or appeasing my impatience and simply downloading individual items from Currclick), I could care less about the light blue series (we're happy with SM for our core math materials), but then I start looking at the other things included in the larger bundles (e.g., Golden/Green Series, Make It Real Activity Library Volumes 1 & 2, States by the Numbers, and Soft-Pak). Have posters here used these resources, and if so, what did you think?

Yea it would be the beginning of September....you could always do the group buy for light blue and just pick up one of the dark blue books on something your kiddos need to work on. I am not starting until after the 1st but that would be my plan if I was starting this month. I just can't see passing up 6 grades worth of curriculum for 3 kids for under $70 BUT I am cheap lol

Rainbow Resources has a sale also. The work books are $2.00 off.

I just got an e mail this morning from Maria at MM saying Kagi downloads will be on sale Aug 6-19th.

I usually buy the printed workbooks and get the supportive materials download. I love the worksheet generator!

Thanks!

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. Right now it's at 18 buys (so the 20% range).

Scenario A: Suppose 18 people have said they're willing to buy at 20% discounts and (249-18)= 231 other posters have said they're willing to buy at 50% discounts. The only people that would get MM would be the first 18 people for a 20% discount, right?

Scenario B: Suppose 18 people have said they're willing to buy at 20% discounts, 100 have said they're willing to buy at 30% discounts, and 131 have said they're willing to buy at 50% discounts. Now, 118 people would get MM for a 40% discount, right?

Lastly, this question was already posed but I didn't see an explicit answer. Suppose I am one of the posters above who committed to buying at 50%. In both scenarios my order wouldn't be fulfilled, I think. But I'm wondering if I'd ever have the chance to downgrade my elected discount in order to participate?

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. Right now it's at 18 buys (so the 20% range).

Scenario A: Suppose 18 people have said they're willing to buy at 20% discounts and (249-18)= 231 other posters have said they're willing to buy at 50% discounts. The only people that would get MM would be the first 18 people for a 20% discount, right?

Scenario B: Suppose 18 people have said they're willing to buy at 20% discounts, 100 have said they're willing to buy at 30% discounts, and 131 have said they're willing to buy at 50% discounts. Now, 118 people would get MM for a 40% discount, right?

Lastly, this question was already posed but I didn't see an explicit answer. Suppose I am one of the posters above who committed to buying at 50%. In both scenarios my order wouldn't be fulfilled, I think. But I'm wondering if I'd ever have the chance to downgrade my elected discount in order to participate?

I don't think you can downgrade once the time is up. So, I think you have to decide now what the most you are willing to pay is. However, if it hits the higher discount, you get that price, even if you were willing to pay more.

If I'm planning to use it with MEP, the light blue version would be the one we'd use right?

We use MEP as our primary math and I am going to supplement with MM. I am getting the Blue series (not light blue) because these are the books that cover specific topics and not an entire grade. That way we can pick and chose which topics the kids need extra help and supplementing.

I'm a little confused, what comes after grade 6? I'm going to get the gr. 1-6 pack full courses (light blue). My ds will be doing gr 6, so I'd like to buy what he needs next while it's on sale. Thanks. :)

Math Mammoth only goes to grade 6. I think she has some recommendations on her site for other math programs beyond 6th grade :)

I am one of those people waiting til the last minute sorry. One I'm trying to be sure in my decision to purchase mm. Also what does HSBC mean by members only? I don't want to be side swiped when I do place my order.

I ordered last time the Math Mammoth deal was offered, and was also a little unsure about the members thing. Click on the "Join now It's free!" button on the right, give them your name, email address and pick a password, and you get a confirmation email. I elected not to receive their newsletter, so I haven't heard from them since the confirmation email. They do charge a $1.95 service fee with your purchase, but that's it.

I've been really happy with Math Mammoth. I figured I would be spending close to that amount for math books for one year alone anyway, so I wouldn't lose anything by giving it a shot for at least one year. Since I plan to stick with it, it will be a great value in the long run, especially since I can use it for multiple children.