Menu

A small insignificant vent

No biggie, it doesn't bother me if you have different opinions on what is safe or not. I just don't do it. Never have, probably won't change now. I even cook turkey with the stuffing inside it, too. I'm such a rebel. :lol::lol::lol:

Do you tell your guests before they eat cooked food that has been sitting out instead of refrigerated?

Do you tell your guests before they eat cooked food that has been sitting out instead of refrigerated?

:confused: I cook fresh food for guests IF I have any (rare). And any guests I do get are my family... we were all raised the same way so they will eat the leftovers on the counter if they want them because it is the same way at their houses.

I'm talking about normal, everyday supper leftovers. I do refrigerate uncooked food, fresh veggies, opened condiments, just not last night's spaghetti supper. I actually try to cook just enough to avoid leftovers if at all possible. I don't have piles of rotting food sitting on my counters. If it has not been eaten within 24 hours it gets tossed. If it goes in the fridge it never gets eaten so goes bad and gets tossed anyway.

If there are leftovers they rarely last past the next morning. They either get eaten as bedtime snacks or DH eats it as breakfast.

No biggie, it doesn't bother me if you have different opinions on what is safe or not. I just don't do it. Never have, probably won't change now. I even cook turkey with the stuffing inside it, too. I'm such a rebel. :lol::lol::lol:

OK, I'll admit it -- I cook the turkey with the stuffing inside, too. :tongue_smilie: But I am also a complete lunatic with my food thermometer. I actually memorized the little chart of safe cooking temperatures. (And I can't believe I just admitted that!) My whole family will be waiting to eat, and I'm like, "Just two more degrees, people, just two more degrees!" :D

I didn't mean to pick on you about the leftovers; it's just that I've had food poisoning and it's really, really, really horrible, so I tend to be very paranoid about what I eat and how I store my food. I also tend to lecture people about it because I'd hate to see anyone else get sick, but I know I should probably tone it down a little. (Sorry! :blush:)

OK, I'll admit it -- I cook the turkey with the stuffing inside, too. :tongue_smilie: But I am also a complete lunatic with my food thermometer. I actually memorized the little chart of safe cooking temperatures. (And I can't believe I just admitted that!) My whole family will be waiting to eat, and I'm like, "Just two more degrees, people, just two more degrees!" :D

I didn't mean to pick on you about the leftovers; it's just that I've had food poisoning and it's really, really, really horrible, so I tend to be very paranoid about what I eat and how I store my food. I also tend to lecture people about it because I'd hate to see anyone else get sick, but I know I should probably tone it down a little. (Sorry! :blush:)

I didn't take it personally. No apology needed. I have pretty thick skin. ;)