Menu

At the risk of sounding dramatic...

I'm feeling kind of nauseous. I'm teaching my second born to drive and today she graduated to driving on the street. She insisted on driving home and got so close to the house I screamed. Yeah, not my finest moment. I think I could use a drink and it's not even 4.

My oldest was driving around our pasture and I asked him to pull it up into the driveway. For some reason he pulled it into the middle of the driveway instead of in front of one of the garage doors. Not wanting to be THAT mother who freaks out, I didn't say anything when he was getting too close, thinking he would surely stop. He hit the brick column between the garage doors. Shoulda said something. :001_huh:

My oldest was driving around our pasture and I asked him to pull it up into the driveway. For some reason he pulled it into the middle of the driveway instead of in front of one of the garage doors. Not wanting to be THAT mother who freaks out, I didn't say anything when he was getting too close, thinking he would surely stop. He hit the brick column between the garage doors. Shoulda said something. :001_huh:

Oy! I guess I'm glad I said something.

I'm sorry. We drove with DD the week after she turned 15. Twice.

She turned 16 in April.

The first few drives are the worst. Dds first drive she kept slamming the brakes and she also jumped a curb and almost hit a tree, all in a parking lot mind you. :lol:

:lol:

We have had two learn to drive. My van is still sporting some white paint on the passenger side front panel where dd got up close and personal with the side of the garage doorway.

:lol: It is so nice to read about other parent's experiences.

This is why I recommend driving instructors for that job:D

Dh was supposed to do the teaching. I always swore he would but it ended up being me. She does have a driving instructor but she doesn't want to humiliate herself in front of him and another kid. Believe it or not, she's gotten much better. :001_smile:

I'm feeling kind of nauseous. I'm teaching my second born to drive and today she graduated to driving on the street. She insisted on driving home and got so close to the house I screamed. Yeah, not my finest moment. I think I could use a drink and it's not even 4.

I feel your pain:D. I just finished wearing the driver instructor hat. But the last one almost did me in. The day he was pulling into the driveway and mistook the accelerator for the brake. We came within nanometers of the garage door. Honestly I think he scared himself as badly as he did me :D. I am too old to go through it again.

This kind of thing is why my dh is in charge of supervising new drivers in our family. My heart can't take it. :tongue_smilie:

I am now teaching # 4. He is 18 and well past the age I would have loved for him to be driving....but I just can.not.take.it. Anymore!!! So, I just pawned him off on dd #2 who is home for the summer:D. Ahhhhhh.....bliss.....she is still too young to go gray or bite her nails down to the bone....