Menu

Just not looking forward to the next school year

I feel the same. We are still trying to finish up

Ds's evaluations. We haven't even decided what therapy to pursue, I imagined we would have gotten into therapy over the summer and then I could plan the academics around it. No. Now I've got the academics planned and probably six weeks from now I'm going to have to redo it again to fit therapy schedules. We are trying to move. Again, I thought we'd be moved and I'd start off on the right foot. Nope. Now it looks like minimum September of not October before we will be out I here. So I can teach and move and unpack and learn a new area all at once. Sigh. Can we just play hooky for a year? Lol

I totally understand. My ds13's mouth is also unbelievable (horrific, infuriating, disgusting, rude, etc) and my 9 year old just doesn't want to do school. He doesn't want to go to PS...just doesn't want to do anything at all, ever (other than play mine craft and watch Spongebob). I can already tell this is gonna be a fun one. :(

I know, not to be crass, but I've been looking at my list and going chop, chop regular subject, need more Bible! I'm thinking we need some more sanctification in this house, a little more thinking about Jesus, because the heathenism is getting to be just TOO MUCH.

And for the record, I sent ds to the MIL and dd is huddled in a corner behind a pile of mattresses and pillows. Thus I get peace, sigh. Maybe that's where she's going to do her schoolwork, huddled in the corner behind a wall of air mattresses and pillows? :D

I know, not to be crass, but I've been looking at my list and going chop, chop regular subject, need more Bible! I'm thinking we need some more sanctification in this house, a little more thinking about Jesus, because the heathenism is getting to be just TOO MUCH.

And for the record, I sent ds to the MIL and dd is huddled in a corner behind a pile of mattresses and pillows. Thus I get peace, sigh. Maybe that's where she's going to do her schoolwork, huddled in the corner behind a wall of air mattresses and pillows? :D

SPD dd sometimes closes herself in her tiny closet to do her work. She hooked up a reading lamp and made it nice and cozy with pillows and blankets.

I remember reading once that a study showed that kids who knew the Bible best did better on everything else, too. And also, if you know the Bible and Shakespeare, you'll "get" most literary illusions. Another one...a poor family only had Andrew Lang's fairy books and the Bible as reading material and the kids turned out very well.

SPD dd sometimes closes herself in her tiny closet to do her work. She hooked up a reading lamp and made it nice and cozy with pillows and blankets.

I remember reading once that a study showed that kids who knew the Bible best did better on everything else, too. And also, if you know the Bible and Shakespeare, you'll "get" most literary illusions. Another one...a poor family only had Andrew Lang's fairy books and the Bible as reading material and the kids turned out very well.

I know, we were what I guess is now called poor growing up, so I read the few books I had OVER AND OVER. Mostly fairy tales. :) Dh wonders why I have this fetish about books and keep buying and collecting them. But for me it's hitting the jackpot, opening the doors to everything. Don't need much curriculum, just BOOKS. Ds, he's going to be totally different I think. So far I'm needing more manipulatives and things, whew.

Hmm, I'll have to talk with dd about the closet thing. Where does your dd like to do her work? Mostly in that closet or multiple places? We've got this sort of disastrous problem (sorry, being over-dramatic), because dd doesn't want to be alone but can't tolerate noise, whacking, whanging, and general life within 5 feet of a 3 yo. I can keep them on separate floors, but then she feels alone, kwim? It's our next thing to sort out.

I know, we were what I guess is now called poor growing up, so I read the few books I had OVER AND OVER. Mostly fairy tales. :) Dh wonders why I have this fetish about books and keep buying and collecting them. But for me it's hitting the jackpot, opening the doors to everything. Don't need much curriculum, just BOOKS. Ds, he's going to be totally different I think. So far I'm needing more manipulatives and things, whew.

Hmm, I'll have to talk with dd about the closet thing. Where does your dd like to do her work? Mostly in that closet or multiple places? We've got this sort of disastrous problem (sorry, being over-dramatic), because dd doesn't want to be alone but can't tolerate noise, whacking, whanging, and general life within 5 feet of a 3 yo. I can keep them on separate floors, but then she feels alone, kwim? It's our next thing to sort out.

I totally get where you're at. Let me know if you ever find a solution.

I have my SPD girl and my CAPD girl who don't do well with loud. Fortunately, my really loud one is at school, but I still have my 6 yo bumping around and playing. In addition to being in the closet alone, I think SPD girl (12) likes sitting on the couch working with me, but we have a lot of disruptions. CAPD girl (17) hides out in her room, but then she gets lonely and it's harder to keep an eye on things.

I wouldn't underestimate this. It can be disasterous because it really impacts their ability to do what they have to do and our ability to do our duty as hsing mommies on a daily basis.

I always have all four pulling in different directions. For my last, I prayed that God would give me one that would hold my hand and just come along since none of my others would do that. She is a bit better than the others that way so I guess my prayer was answered.

My son loves to work with headphones and music on his iPod. It really helps block out his sister. My dd creates this thing with couch cushions in the floor between the couch and wall that reminds me of the squeeze machine Temple Grandin created.

My son loves to work with headphones and music on his iPod. It really helps block out his sister. My dd creates this thing with couch cushions in the floor between the couch and wall that reminds me of the squeeze machine Temple Grandin created.

Hmm, I'll have to ask her about music. I keep hoping Apple will come out with that ipad mini people keep theorizing about. If they do, it will be perfect for that and more.