Menu

How much fatigue is normal in pregnancy?

I haven't had blood tests yet but I've never, ever been remotely close to anemic. I generally don't take vitamins but have been on d3, clo and just added b vitamins. I was sporadic w/ the d3 and clo and have tried to be more diligent with taking them but it has only been a few more days. I'm used to having lots of energy even pregnant and I feel so lazy.

You don't HAVE to take prenatal vitamins if your diet is adequate. You can try eating more red meat and leafy greens this week and see if you perk up. But being tired at this stage of pregnancy is normal. You should sleep extra, I know how hard that can be with a little one running around. :grouphug:

Wow - I considered asking the same question. I'm only 10 weeks, though. I have been exponentially more tired than all of my other pregnancies. It seems to be because:

a)I'm expecting twins

b)my thyroid was off (even more hypo than usual)

c) I'm older

d) I've got a lot more on my plate than I used to

Have you had your thyroid checked?

I thought I was pregnant with twins for sure as tired as I was in the beginning but there is just one. I think I eat a good amount of protein/meat. I'm tracking my diet this week for the mw and I seem to be hitting Bradley recommendations. I do have some liver thawed out as I haven't ate any in a while and I know I need to.

Almost the same thing happened to me. I was super tired until about 18-20 weeks or so and then had a couple good weeks and now I am TiRED. Like first trimester tired. And super lazy. I'm 27 weeks now, so I thought I should still be feeling great. I am slightly anemic and had a little low blood pressure last time. I didn't know low blood pressure would make you tired. Off to google it.

Get some rest! I will too lol :grouphug:

For sure, ask the doc, but it might just be within the range of 'normal'.

I had mono in college and thought I knew what tired was. . . until my second pregnancy. Thankfully, my older child at the time napped most days, but I remember actually crying because I wasn't going to be able to take a nap one particular day :lol: My doc ran a few labs and everything was normal. And it went away around 12-13 weeks.

maybe it is your age? I had energy with my first 5 pregnancies in my 20's. my other 3 pregnancies in my 30s I was wiped out! even if I slept 10 hours at night I would be exhausted by 10am. I'd fall asleep immediately if I sat or layed down. I'd take a 2 hour nap and be exhausted again 2 hours later... doctor said all my tests were fine. bp fine, iron fine... just aging! kind of scared to have any babies in my 40s lol

I am currently 39 weeks with number 5. I have been so very, very tired almost all the way through this pregnancy. It eased a little during the second trimester. I am not sure how much exhaustion is considered 'normal', but nobody seems concerned about me at all. My bloods are fine. I am eating ok, and taking vitamins. I have been so tired at times that I can't manage to cook, or even load the dishwasher; I just end up flat out on the sofa all day.

:grouphug:I hope things improve for you.

I'm keeping the house clean, cooking and keeping the kids alive but that is about it. I am vertical much more than I would like. I'm not taking 2 naps a day like the first trimester though, so that is improvement. Generally I get along without a nap but I do have my "rest periods." I had a friend who wanted to visit and I told her that she could but she has to bring all of her own food, I'm cooking for mine and no one elses'.

EmmainNZ I hope things improve for you as well, at least it should one way or another pretty soon :)

I'm 27 weeks and I'm exhausted. I was going to post on your thread yesterday right after you first posted, but I got sleepy and took a 2hr nap. I'm having so many Braxton Hicks that a simple walk in the evening is enough to leave me panting for air. I'm older this time (45), but my husband and older dds assure me that I was this tired with my last two in my mid- thirties.

Do you think part of our fatigue is the fact that we're up in the middle of the night posting because we can't sleep? ;)