Menu

PITB... as in bOOks (warning: female content!)

OK, so I have a question.

For the majority of my years thus far, I didn't have PMS symptoms to speak of. Since having Pink, I have noticed them more - maybe because I don't take birth control, etc. But I have noticed a few things, namely headaches for a few days before and at the beginning of my cycle, a general 'hunger' - I could literally just about eat anything those 2 days before starting! - and bOOk soreness.

Now, the bOOk soreness hasn't always been too bad or anything like that. It still isn't awful. But this time I'm noticing it WAY in advance. I shouldn't be starting til this weekend/beginning of next week, but they've been sore for a few days already. This is not the norm for me at all!

So I'm wondering if there is any thing you know of that reduces soreness? Something in my diet that is making it worse? Just curious.

TIA!

Caffeine will make booK soreness worse just before a period. Mine used to HURT. I went off most forms of caffeinez (especially iced tea and Dr Pepper) and got relief. It takes a month or two to clean it all out of your system.

Well, I can't get pregnant, so that's out (tubal). :tongue_smilie:

I guess it could be caffeine. I don't usually drink any (water only) but I actually started drinking coffee just last week - I had it once last week and a cup a morning since Sunday (3 now). So maybe that's it...? Would it have gotten in my system that quick?

Sometimes I get soreness/discomfort (ouch getting undressed), other times not a bit. The soreness usually starts seven days out. It began when I was about 40, six or so years ago.

I have been caffeine-free for more than a year. Going off it made no difference.

I only had soreness when i was on the pill . . . i had to wear bras to bed for a few mo before i figured it out and quit.

I am getting more PMS than i used to, but i feel like its partly peri-menopause. I have the emotional reactions, which i never had before. really annoying. (I'm 47)