Menu

Zaner-Bloser TM-??

plmzk

I was originaly going to go with HWT, then looked at their cursive and didn't like it at all.

I see many of you use ZB, but do you really buy the almost $100 TM with each grade?

I would think that once I choose a program, I should stick with it instead of jumping around. I do like the way both teach print letters, but with cursive, it's ZB hands down for me. I don't know if I can bring myself to buy the TM every year.

Thank goodness! I nearly choked on my tea when I saw the price.

I read it, but I don't own the Well Trained Mind book, so I couldn't reference it.

If almost no one gets the TM, why do they sell it.... and at that horrifying price!

Just what everyone said: no, don't spend the $$ on a teacher manual!

If you look at the samples online, the teacher manuals mainly seem to give a bit more teaching before the lesson. You yourself could do much of this, if you want, by talking about the letter in each lesson, discussing the sound it usually makes, and having the child practice sketching the proper shape in the air a couple of times. I think that was the gist of the early lessons.

I am using their Strategies for Writers, and for that am very glad to have the TM. But for the handwriting, completely unnecessary.