Menu

High Calorie Smoothie Recipes

Give me your favorite. We do limited dairy but I can usually substitute so I'm open to all options. We've been making the same one for a week and I'm ready for a change.

Our current favorite:

1/2 c. coconut milk

large glass ice water

1 banana

1 c blueberries

1/3 c pb

1/4 c cocoa

Here are the additional ingredients I add to smoothies that increase caloric content (we are also dairy-free):

1. Avocado. If you put one or two avocados in a smoothie it gives great creaminess/richness and you cannot taste it mixed in with all the fruit.

2. Coconut milk - get a can of full-fat coconut milk and dump it in, or even use the refrigerated coconut m ilk beverage in place of other sub milks that are not high fat

3. Nut butters

I make mine different just by switching out the fruit - whatever fruit is getting old, i throw in the freezer in chunks. Of course, that will be harder in the winter, right now there is so much fruit!

My formula:

sweetener

spinach

liquid (soy milk, coffee or oj but coconut definitely more calories)

hemp protein powder - muddy but i like it

glycerin - helps with texture

powdered milk sub (potato here)

probiotics - totally easy to add here

blend that, then add some frozen fruit and some ice, adding more ice or oj/milk sub as needed for texture.

but . . its just for me, not the kids. and i'm not looking for high calorie .. .