Menu

A few questions about AAR

8 levels? Seriously!?

I'm trying to decide what to do with my princess. I don't need another reading program. But yet, I do. :lol:

The thing is I'm bored with what I have. She is a different kind of leaner than her brothers, and I think she would love the puppet in the pre-level. She is very bright, and I don't expect that she will stay in the pre-level long. My other concern is that she will move quicker than the levels come out. I love AAS and the reading program looks just a good.

The 8 levels include pre level 1 so the last one in the series will actually be level 7. Levels 1-4 are supposed to be the completion of the phonics portion. Levels 5-7 are supposed to work on comprehension and fluency. We recently started level 1 and with level 2 being released in Sept I think we will hopefully not go faster than they finish level 3. However, even if we only get to level 2 and have to switch to something else, I will still be glad that we got to use the multi sensory, writing-free, synthetic phonics stuff for the lower levels.

Edited by Syllieann

The 8 levels include pre level 1 so the last one in the series will actually be level 7. Levels 1-4 are supposed to be the completion of the phonics portion. Levels 5-7 are supposed to work on comprehension and fluency. We recently started level 1 and with level 2 being released in Sept I think we will hopefully not go faster than they finish level 3. However, even if we only get to level 2 and have to switch to something else, I will still be glad that we got to use the multi sensory, writing-free, synthetic phonics stuff for the lower levels.

Thanks for this! I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a try.

I have also decided to do this with my son, who needs something writing free and hands on and i know he will love the puppet but will, too, move ahead quickly through it.

so i'm happy to hear that there will be more levels with this style...

random question though... does anyone know if they use a white board for the pre-reading? it doesn't SEEM like they do until level 1, but just curious...

I have also decided to do this with my son, who needs something writing free and hands on and i know he will love the puppet but will, too, move ahead quickly through it.

so i'm happy to hear that there will be more levels with this style...

random question though... does anyone know if they use a white board for the pre-reading? it doesn't SEEM like they do until level 1, but just curious...

We've completed Pre-1 and are about 75% through Level 1. You do *not* use the white board and tiles in Pre-1. You *do* use it in Level 1. :)