Menu

TT Alg 1 new vs. old

I was wondering if there is a difference in the actual text book and answer key for the new version versus the old version. Is it all the same information? Could I use an old book and answer key with the new CDs? TIA!

Jessica

but the workbooks are practically the same. You may have to move around a little bit a few times, but for the most part they are similar.

If you are interested in knowing why I decided to stay with the older version, it is because the new version has multiple choice answers. My math-hating child would just be guessing and not trying to work the problems. I really wanted the self grading option, but oh well, it isn't worth the trouble. I actually returned my new version and asked for my old version back from TT. They said they were not surprised, many others had done this too.

HTH!

Maybe I am just too new into the TT but so far I really like what we have and it's the new version. I do like the automatic grading and my children have to show their work to us. I never used the old version because this is our first year using TT

but the workbooks are practically the same. You may have to move around a little bit a few times, but for the most part they are similar.

If you are interested in knowing why I decided to stay with the older version, it is because the new version has multiple choice answers. My math-hating child would just be guessing and not trying to work the problems. I really wanted the self grading option, but oh well, it isn't worth the trouble. I actually returned my new version and asked for my old version back from TT. They said they were not surprised, many others had done this too.

HTH!

I didn't know the new version has multiple choice answers. :001_huh: I really want the new self grading option for Algebra I and II, but maybe we'll just stick with the older versions. Hmmm.... Although if he just keeps showing his work, the self grading may be worth it.

We ordered the new TT Algebra 2, which won't be available until mid August. They sent a link to the first 5 lessons for those who want to start early. I looked through the first lesson and saw that some of them were multiple choice. I've always told my son to use multiple choice answers as a guide. Obviously, during a timed test, one would want to look at the answers first to eliminate obvious wrong choices. However, for regular school work, the multiple choice lets you know if you are on track. If the answer you get is not one of the choices, you need to go back and figure out what is wrong. I guess one advantage is that the SAT is formatted this way, so maybe this is supposed to help prepare students for taking it.

We last used TT for Math 7 as a review for his Calvert 5 math. I think that they could answer two times before it was counted wrong My daughter used the newer version where it would show whether the student got it right on the first or second try. Also, the parent had the ability to wipe out the answers and allow them to be redone. I wonder if the new version only lets you answer once before counting it wrong, since there are choices. I'll have to see once we get the actual CD.