Menu

iPhone uses? recording yourself reading?

MeganW

I just got an iPhone for my bday. I am SO clueless. Before this, I had the free phone you get for signing up with Verizon. :)

I am trying to figure out what I use it for. I am trying to come up with USEFUL things, not games or other ways to waste time!

If I have a book that I have read out load a gazillion times to my preschooler, can I record myself reading it, then somehow get it onto a CD for her to take to naptime with it and the book?

What else do you use yours for?

Yes, you can do that with voice memo. I don't know if there's a time limit with that app, but I use it all e time for our memory work: poems, lists of English monarchs, Bible verses, Latin, etc. I plug the phone in when we're on the road & we all listen to a few repetitions.

Yes you can do that!!

Record as a voice memo, then dock your phone at your computer. When you sync with itunes it will put your voice memos right into itunes. From there, just make a playlist folder in itunes and drag/drop your voice memos into there. If you have trouble finding the memo, just look on the left for "recently added' and they should be in there. Once in a playlist, right click on the playlist and it will give you the option to burn a cd. These make a fantastic gift for little ones. Buy a book, make a cd of yourself reading it. Just find something fun like a bell (or croaking frog) to indicate a page turn.

I can't believe I have never done this.

Just be sure to remember to leave long enough silences between each sentence to give the child enough time to repeat it, before you start the next sentence. I had to re-do a few that I did all in one recording session, because once DS played them back, I realized I didnt' give him time to repeat it, so he was trying to repeat one line, while my recording was already moving on the to the next line :)