Menu

I was tickled in church yesterday

I was glancing around around saw a mom nursing her baby. You couldn't see anything because she had some sort of shawl/ tent thing and it was completely discreet, but the look on her face gave it away. She and her husband looked a bit nervous. I thought it was funny.

A friend of mine was nursing at a party with a blanket covering the baby and was horrified when a guy friend came up and pulled the blanket back saying "Let's see that baby!" Friend was horrified too.

A friend of mine was nursing at a party with a blanket covering the baby and was horrified when a guy friend came up and pulled the blanket back saying "Let's see that baby!" Friend was horrified too.

That was one of the reasons I never used a blanket. The other is that my babies could not stand it. I was always well-covered - baby and a cami covered my abdomen, shirt covered the top of me. Most people couldn't tell.

I used to nurse my baby and people would be talking to me with no idea. I had men, once they figured out that baby was nursing come and take a closer look (no - not at my breast - they couldn't see that). They'd say things like "look at that jaw action!" They were men who had just never been around anything as natural as breastfeeding before and were interested in a non-pruient way.