Menu

CC: please pray for our family

Oh,honey.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

There are more people on this board whose experiences lie in this direction than you might think. I swear, we should start a support group.

Please know it's not the end, but a beginning. It is a rough valley to walk thru, but you and your son are not alone.

I highly value honesty, and I think you can be proud of your son for confessing; a clean conscience makes starting fresh easier, too.

Many blessings to you and your family.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for you. I hope you feel pride that even though he did something wrong, he did the right thing by confessing. It ended up hurting him, but it was still the right thing to do and many people much older than he is would not have been man enough to do that.

:grouphug:

Just seeing this and praying for your family. :grouphug::grouphug:

Does it encourage you at all for me to say that I'm impressed with his character? From what you said, not only did he choose to turn himself in and confess, but he did so with full disclosure and honesty...not trying to manipulate the outcome to his best. I don't know what he did, but this says a lot about him *beyond* his poor choice that put him here.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks for all your well wishes. The judge did sentence him to 4 years with a recommendation of bootcamp if idoc feels he is suited to the program. We had to wait through many other sentencings and each defendant can give a statement before the judge sentences him. Each one we heard was a combo of, "this stinks or I can't believe you are sending me to jail for ______offense. I'm so proud that my son used his statement to apologize to the victim and to generally say he was sorry and very much regretted the choice he made that night.

The atty and prosecuter both told me how they really felt he would do well and be able to put this behind him. If he can keep his positive attitude he should be fine.

I've been very calm this morning and I know that is thanks to all of you and your prayers. Thank you.

Just remind him to stay strong and to follow the rules. One way or the other he will be out long before his four years are up if he keeps his nose clean. I am sorry you are dealing with this but at least it is the beginning of the end and there is no more anxiousness over what is to come.

Just remind him to stay strong and to follow the rules. One way or the other he will be out long before his four years are up if he keeps his nose clean. I am sorry you are dealing with this but at least it is the beginning of the end and there is no more anxiousness over what is to come.

Exactly. We weren't sure what the sentence would be for sure- until court. So, now we know. Hopefully he'll get into bootcamp and be home by Spring.

Question...is this a bootcamp type thing with the National Guard? If so it is a very good program and no worries. My middle son went through one in Louisiana and it was one of the best things for him (he went voluntarily, not court ordered but half the camp was with boys sent by the courts).

Many :grouphug:.

No- it's run by the state of Illinois. If he were going straight to bootcamp I would be relieved. I think the bootcamp is a great idea. It's waiting in with all the other inmates that gives me pause.

Exactly. We weren't sure what the sentence would be for sure- until court. So, now we know. Hopefully he'll get into bootcamp and be home by Spring.

So glad you have some news. I will continue to pray for strength and peace for you and your son.

When will you hear about bootcamp?

I've been praying for your peace all day. I can't imagine what you are going through.

If you don't mind, I'll be praying specifically for your son's smooth transition into jail and that the right people are sent his way for the eval

:grouphug:

Thanks for all your well wishes. The judge did sentence him to 4 years with a recommendation of bootcamp if idoc feels he is suited to the program. We had to wait through many other sentencings and each defendant can give a statement before the judge sentences him. Each one we heard was a combo of, "this stinks or I can't believe you are sending me to jail for ______offense. I'm so proud that my son used his statement to apologize to the victim and to generally say he was sorry and very much regretted the choice he made that night.

The atty and prosecuter both told me how they really felt he would do well and be able to put this behind him. If he can keep his positive attitude he should be fine.

I've been very calm this morning and I know that is thanks to all of you and your prayers. Thank you.

Prayers for strength and peace

Indeed. I knew a man who went up at age 20 for fraud, and now he heads an IT department of 2 dozen. He was young and foolish, and meeting him now you'd never know this had happened. :grouphug:

Indeed. I knew a man who went up at age 20 for fraud, and now he heads an IT department of 2 dozen. He was young and foolish, and meeting him now you'd never know this had happened. :grouphug:

This is reassuring, isn't it?

Praying for you, OP. Some choices have such big consequences, don't they? I'm sorry your family has to suffer and I pray that God brings good out of it all. He has a way of doing that.

There is a sweet, elderly man who is a real pillar at our church. He is humble, wise, and has the utmost respect of the congregation.

Once, at a gathering at someone's home, we were playing a game where you say three things about yourself, only one of them being true, and everyone else has to guess which one is true.

One of the things this gentleman said was that he had spent time in prison as a young man, which no one believed. It turns out, it was true.

People can definitely learn from their mistakes and become a better person as a result.

Edited by jjhat7