Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanvan

WTM board 'friends', questions...

What exactly is the significance of 'friending' someone on the WTM boards? What does it mean that I have 1869 posts and don't have a single friend on my profile? :confused: I make friends okay in real life. Have I irritated people with my posts? Must a person shamelessly beg to have friends? Have I not handed out enough chocolate? Hmmm.....or is it as I sometimes imagine......you all see my posts and say "Oh, no! Her again!":001_rolleyes:

I'm only kidding---sort of. But, I seriously don't understand the whole "friend" thing on these boards. Are there advantages to having friends on your profile? What makes a boardie decide to friend another WTMer? Maybe someone can explain.

Some of you may know I'm making progress toward my Empress Bee goal. So now I'm wondering if I will find my Empress status truly satisfying without some friends on my profile to accompany my newly-acquired status.

Such are the ridiculous meandering thoughts I have on a Sunday afternoon when I am supposed to be planning science!

AFAIK the friends function is not heavily used here. It doesn't do anything anyway. So it pretty much has nothing to do with anything and you shouldn't pay attention, unless you want to send some friend requests. :)

AFAIK the friends function is not heavily used here. It doesn't do anything anyway. So it pretty much has nothing to do with anything and you shouldn't pay attention, unless you want to send some friend requests. :)

There was a bit of a friend frenzy when it first started. If you are consistently impressed with someone's posts, you could friend them. I friended someone who was "forced" to apologize to me to keep from being banned. It was a very lukewarm apology, but I hadn't been hurt at all :lol:. I was friended for giving someone something. Sometimes I friend people who live near me so I can keep a list of everyone who is close.

Try friending someone else!

I pretty much use only the main features of posting and reading posts. So by the time I get a friend request it's often weeks or months later that I realize it. At which point it seems pointless to reply or accept so I generally don't. I try to respond to pms if I notice them but that's hit and miss too. I don't read too much into it either way.

Some people have their PMs set so that they only receive messages from people on their friend list. Otherwise, I don't think it makes much difference. :)

Some people have their PMs set so that they only receive messages from people on their friend list. Otherwise, I don't think it makes much difference. :)

Now, that is interesting. I had no idea it was even an option. I'm sure there are many other board functions I've never heard of...

I know nothing about it, and I don't have any friends, either. :D

:iagree: I have wondered about it though. Oh wait! I have one friend, but she is my sister. :lol:

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I do say, "Oh no! Not her again,". BECAUSE you have not handed out enough chocolate.

I love Lindt Truffles of all kinds.;):lol:

The only advantage that I can see to it is that, if you want to follow someone's posts, it's easier to have them friended so you can pull up their name easily & then click on "show all posts." Otherwise, you either have to come across one of their posts somewhere else or use the membership list to find their name and then click on show all their posts.

I know nothing about it, and I don't have any friends, either. :D

But you don't have friends 'On'. No one could befriend you if they wanted to. :lol:

I have to thank all of you kind people who have friended me today. If I ever become an Empress Bee I will include you in my acceptance buzz.

Denise....you deserve all the Lindt truffles you can handle!

PeacefulChaos...turn on your friends feature!