Menu

A week in the life using Rainbow Science...

stephanie

Can someone give me an example of what a week of lessons might be like using Rainbow? We started it last fall and had some mishaps that caused us to put it aside. However, even when we did do it it seemed a bit simple? Of course the dc loved it, and they seemed to grasp the concepts well, but Im not used to doing School that is simple. :tongue_smilie: I'd love to see what everyone does to utilize this program....

We kept up the two days of lessons/reading -one day for experiment schedule through our two years of Rainbow, 4-5 days a week. We would go over the answers to the few questions in the lessons during our daily review of work.

I'm not sure what you mean by simple. I wasn't really looking for a challenging middle school science course, but I did want one that would get us into a routine of "doing science" every day along with labs. It was great for that. Now we hate high school labs because those labs were so well-planned out!

We kept up the two days of lessons/reading -one day for experiment schedule through our two years of Rainbow, 4-5 days a week. We would go over the answers to the few questions in the lessons during our daily review of work.

I'm not sure what you mean by simple. I wasn't really looking for a challenging middle school science course, but I did want one that would get us into a routine of "doing science" every day along with labs. It was great for that. Now we hate high school labs because those labs were so well-planned out!

It sounds like you did what I did. I guess i should consider that a curriculum may be thorough even though it seems simple to use. Im trying to decide if I should continue with Rainbow or do another program. Sigh...decisions, decisions. :banghead:

Read lesson.

Take notes using ideas from http://beginningspublishing.com/RainbowHowToTakeATest.pdf

Look up any new concepts/science vocabulary in science encyclopedia.

Add entry to science notebook

Repeat with next lesson

Complete lab--writing up lab in lab notebook.

I use Rainbow Science not just as good prep for high school science, but also as practice in preparing and taking tests.