Menu

Apologia Biology kits - using Sonlight schedules. Where should I buy my kits?

Should I buy my kits from Sonlight or Home Science tools? I didn't know if it would be "easier" to use the Sonlight kit with the Sonlight schedules or if it would even matter one way or the other. Also, any preferences on the quality of kits between these two? With either company there are both microscopy and dissection kits. Am I correct in thinking I don't need the dissection kit until the spring semester? Honestly, I don't want those "critters" around any longer than they need to be! :lol:

Thanks for any wisdom!

Guest DatGirl

Not sure of the price differences but I bought my kits from Home Science Tools and they shipped quickly and I was very happy with what I bought. If you don't want to pay for a schedule go to www.donnayoung.org and click on Science. You can then click on Apologia and then on whatever book you're using she has schedule and vocabulary bookmarks. She has a lot of other info also.

Hope this helps,

I am going to use. A couple of folks on this board seemed to like them better than Donna Young, so I decided to get them. I have ordered from home training tools before and have been pleased, but I am getting our microscope from SL and thought it might be easier to use their kits.

thanks for your reply.

Guest DatGirl

It would probably be easier to get your kit from SL then! I've also purchased kits from SL in the past and they were just as nice as Home Science Tools. Sorry I misunderstood that you were using SL schedule for sure. You are correct about not dissecting until Spring though. I bought our dissection kit at the beginning of the year because I didn't want to pay for shipping again. I just kept the critters in the box out of sight! They were packaged nicely enough that you couldn't smell them! eeewww! The textbook calls for dissecting about 5 critters and since my daughter was NOT into dissecting, we only did two. I wish I wouldn't have bought all of the specimens. Although, my 10 yr old dd wants to dissect them! I may just let her do that this next year! Have fun with Biology. :001_smile: