Menu

Exercise thread 7/29-8/4

Last year this time I was having a hard time staying on track with a consistant workout schedule. Right now, I am at the end of week 3 of a 16 week training schedule for a half-marathon. Praying the asthma stays under control as the long runs get longer and that I can find a form of glucosamine that I can take to help with the joint discomfort.

Last year this time I was having a hard time staying on track with a consistant workout schedule. Right now, I am at the end of week 3 of a 16 week training schedule for a half-marathon. Praying the asthma stays under control as the long runs get longer and that I can find a form of glucosamine that I can take to help with the joint discomfort.

Good luck with training. Is it humid where you are?

I ran for 30 min this morning.

Day 1 of 30 Day Shred, omg abs..... I can only use a weight for my left arm (right shoulder is recovering from injury-----massive tenonitis resulting in frozen shoulder last November, limited range of motion).

On the plus side dd17 has decided to do the same workout! We worked out at different times because we both prefer to be alone :lol:

I have done nothing for three days -- too busy with van/insurance stuff. That's over now -- time to get back to fitness!

Congrats on your van! We have the same one and love it.

I spend literally 6 hours cleaning yesterday. 3-4 of those were shampooing the ENTIRE downstairs carpets. It looks so pritty :D

I'm going to the gym later for weights. I've been keeping up with the exercise pretty good.

Up to a 27 minute run in the Cto5K program. Unfortunately that only takes me about 3.5 km! So working on going faster!!

I run between 30 and 45 minutes but I have no idea how far. :001_smile:

I did JM 6 Week 6 Pack level 2. I can do level 1 fine so I figured I'd move to level 2. Wow. Just when I think I'm in shape! I almost vomited. I had to stop and breath for a few minutes so I wouldn't. That is a hard workout.

Love it when a workout keeps me humble. :lol:

I am so boring. I always do the same things over and over!

My exercising has been sporadic b/c of our move. We are now in temporary housing, so I should be pretty consistent until we move into the new house, hopefully in a couple of weeks. Then I will likely be inconsistent again for another week or so.

Sunday: Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training - legs and arms sections

Monday: Same as Sunday

Tuesday: Brazil Butt Lift - High & Tight

Wednesday: Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones - but NOT the two ab circuits

My six week-follow up for my hernia surgery is next Monday. Hoping to finally get the "all-clear" to do ab work. I have been easing back into the things above by using lighter weights than I was prior to my surgery.

Wednesday: Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones - but NOT the two ab circuits

I did the whole thing today (Wednesday), and I have to say that by far this is my favorite in that I think it is the most challenging DVD I own. Some of the others are fun and a little lighter, but I really think Jillian does an amazing job targeting over and over again our muscles.

I also added in an extra gluteus medius exercise at the end because I feel like it's the one area she doesn't push enough in.

I do some of my own stretches with a stretching band.

PS -- Best wishes on your continued healing.

PS -- Best wishes on your continued healing.

Thank you! I am feeling great, but the loss of stamina (for exercising) and strength is kind of frustrating. I am slowly gaining it back, however. I will get there! :D

Thursday: Brazil Butt Lift - Bum Bum

I did Bob Harper yoga this morning. It felt so good after yesterday's workout.

I'm trying to decide what to do in the evenings to elevate my heart rate just a little per doctor's orders. I don't like working out after eating so it'll have to be something that won't make me feel like hurling.

I guess I could walk but it's hot and there are a lot of mosquitos out there.

I need a stationary bike so I can listen to audio books or read which is what I like to do in the evenings.

We are over half done with the year.

How has your fitness routine changed from last year?

This morning I did Tracy Anderson again followed by Denise Austen Yoga Body.

Oh my goodness! My routine has changed tremendously! I started taking 4-6 classes a week at the gym.....and I love it. My new addiction is spin class.

I also added in a few days of yoga....and I am also continuing to walk every day. I feel better....I look better....and for the first time in my life, I am on the height/weight chart....and I am not 7 feet tall!:D

We are over half done with the year.

How has your fitness routine changed from last year?

I got back into the habit of circuit training / weight resistance work. I also rode my bike outdoors a lot when the weather was nice. Overall, I've been trying to add more variety instead of just walking on the treadmill. I haven't walked for days on it, and I know my body is changing much faster than it was then.

I have also taken a yoga class and some Jazzercise classes. These are the first exercise classes of my life!

I discovered that Athleta is having a 20% off sale prices today. The sale ends today.

I've always wanted to try their stuff but price held me back. I took advantage of the sale and bought two workout shorts and a bra.

Just a FYI in case anyone else was interested.

I am supposed to be on week 5 of c25k, but I did horrible the first day...so I went back to week 4 rotation.. Felt like I was going to pass out today while running. Mind you we got there an hour late. Maybe the heat difference makes that big of a difference. I skipped two runs and man do I feel it. So irritated with myself that I allowed myself to slack... Not taking Sunday off now that today was so hard on me.

I just wanted to post this in the exercise thread just in case. ;)

ASICS Women's GEL-Cumulus 13 Running Shoes Size 8B - $40 PPD

I bought these new from a local running store (you don't even want to know how much I paid!), tried them on my treadmill for a couple minutes, put my old ones back on, then missed the return cut-off date.

So, I'm trying to sell these in order for it not to be a total loss. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-GEL-Cumulus-Red-Turquoise-US/dp/B004DEQQ7K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344028262&sr=8-1&keywords=ASICS+Women%27s+GEL-Cumulus+13+Running+Shoes

Day 5 down. It definitely is getting easier.

Good for you!

The 30-Day Shred was what got me on the exercise bandwagon. I could hardly walk after the first day, but was ready to move to level 2 by Day 9! I am NOT keen on jumpy stuff, so I switched to different things after I completed the 30-Day Shred. I will be happy to tell you how I eased into Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones after completing The Shred. It has been a permanent fixture in my rotation. It is NOT jumpy. But maybe you like jumpy. ;)

Good for you!

The 30-Day Shred was what got me on the exercise bandwagon. I could hardly walk after the first day, but was ready to move to level 2 by Day 9! I am NOT keen on jumpy stuff, so I switched to different things after I completed the 30-Day Shred. I will be happy to tell you how I eased into Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones after completing The Shred. It has been a permanent fixture in my rotation. It is NOT jumpy. But maybe you like jumpy. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation! I do not like jumpy :tongue_smilie:

I love No More Trouble Zones -- much more than 30 Day Shred. I have not been doing the side lunges or Surrender (step back and down to kneeling position then stand up again) because of my knees. I am currently working on strengthening them. I too used 30 Day Shred first. I like that it's not jumpy, and I can do everything in my very tiny extra room.

Of all the workout videos I own, this is by far my favorite. I feel like it really targets everything so well. Oh, it is a little slight on the gluteus medius, so I do these at the end:

http://cdn.mikereinold.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/48-image22.png

and straight forward leg raises

Good for you!