Menu

TOG SAP pages- question- easy I promise!

I was all set to order these for both Dc and then realized that in several instances we are not using the updated books b/c our library has the books listed in our year plan. So, my question is....does anyone know if the SAP pages are specific to the book being used, or do the questions remain pretty much the same?

I'm not going to want to pay for SAP if I am going to need to do a lot of printing anyway.

Never mind.................I think I answered my own question. Seems the SAPs are specific to the updated books. I compared the book updates to see how many times we are using the older option and determined it is still worth it for me to order SAPs and save the time on printing. One of the deciding factors for me was the fact that my year plan is used, thus I have no access to the updated pages unless I pay, and we are using some of the updated books. Just throwing that consideration out there in case it helps someone else come to a decision.

Dh encouraged me to save the time even though I was a little :glare: about having to spend more on TOG this year. I think Dc are getting a great education with TOG and they love it, but I get annoyed with all the extra printing and extra expenses after spending hundreds on the year plan and more on books.

Never mind.................I think I answered my own question. Seems the SAPs are specific to the updated books. I compared the book updates to see how many times we are using the older option and determined it is still worth it for me to order SAPs and save the time on printing. One of the deciding factors for me was the fact that my year plan is used, thus I have no access to the updated pages unless I pay, and we are using some of the updated books. Just throwing that consideration out there in case it helps someone else come to a decision.

This is not true! All you have to do is call TOG and have them verify you have a legitimate copy and they set you up with an account to download lock lizard so that you can have access to all updates with SAPs. I did it and it took me about 10 minutes on the phone with a lovely lady who answered all of my questions.

I do not pay for the printed SAPs because I find that we never use the SAPs exactly as is and therefore need to edit some of them before printing. Also we use different books sometimes based on what is available at the library or I can buy used so I need to print the updated SAP.

There is a wonderful website http://www.pdftoword.com that I use to convert PDF files so I can edit them. I also have Dragon Naturally Speaking which is a life saver in creating and editing documents.

This is not true! All you have to do is call TOG and have them verify you have a legitimate copy and they set you up with an account to download lock lizard so that you can have access to all updates with SAPs. I did it and it took me about 10 minutes on the phone with a lovely lady who answered all of my questions.

Good to know, but that's not what their website states. I do have lock lizard. I bought 2 year plans from them and have access to updates for those, but not for Year 3 which I bought used. Their site specifies that you must have bought the year plan from them in order to be able to print the updated pages. I don't know if they made an exception for you, or if their policy changed, or if maybe I misunderstood.

I do not pay for the printed SAPs because I find that we never use the SAPs exactly as is and therefore need to edit some of them before printing. Also we use different books sometimes based on what is available at the library or I can buy used so I need to print the updated SAP.

There is a wonderful website http://www.pdftoword.com that I use to convert PDF files so I can edit them. I also have Dragon Naturally Speaking which is a life saver in creating and editing documents.

I won't use the SAPs as written either, but I've done the editing for the past 3 years and I'm tired of it. I've decided this year I will adjust the assignments with Dc as each new week begins and explain and have them note alterations to the assignments. I cannot spend time in front of the computer editing SAPs this year.

Okay, I went back to check the policy and it is somewhat confusing. It doesn't really matter for me b/c I went ahead and bought the SAPs anyway. It does seem like they might give you access if you call. Just for the info of others who might want to know, here are the statements I found on Lampstand's site..

If you own a Tapestry year plan, you're entitled to the replacement pages for that year-plan.

You are not authorized to view this document:

This means that our Store doesn't recognize you having purchased the year-plan. If you have not purchased it, please understand that these pages are for purchasers only. If you have purchased it, contact customer service and we can manually update your account.

You know, I thought this was going to be a simple question! :lol:

No they did not make an exception for me. I knew to do this because of some of the wonderful ladies who came before me shared their knowledge from an older post on this board. TOG policy is a purchased plan. They do not care if it is used as long as they can verify you purchased a legal copy (a print version with Loom).

No they did not make an exception for me. I knew to do this because of some of the wonderful ladies who came before me shared their knowledge from an older post on this board. TOG policy is a purchased plan. They do not care if it is used as long as they can verify you purchased a legal copy (a print version with Loom).

Thanks for clarifying. I would never have known just by looking at their site. I'm curious, how did they verify?