Menu

Low-carbers...chocolate cake...YUM!!

I have tried several low-carb cake and brownie recipes and haven't really found anything worth making a second time. But, tonight I tried the following recipe and LOVED it. Now, maybe it's just because I've been doing LCHF for 5 months and my tastes have changed, but my dh and dd (neither is doing LCHF) also tried it and liked it.

You can see her full blog post with the recipe here: http://www.healthyindulgences.net/

Now, if I could just figure out how to make this in a way that would serve maybe 6-8 people, I could make birthday cakes or other celebratory cakes.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Healthy Instant Chocolate Cake

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Cakes & Frostings Low Carb

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter**

4 teaspoons half and half cream OR lite coconut milk

1/16 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 beaten egg

5 Tablespoons almond flour -- gently packed

2 teaspoons coconut flour

2 Tablespoons erythritol OR 2 Tablespoons Truvia

3 packets good-tasting stevia OR scant 1/16 teaspoon pure stevia extract (if using erythritol) -- (3 to 4)

1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (recommended: Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder)

1/8 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon vinegar

Makes 1 large serving

**For a dairy-free/paleo version of this cake, use coconut oil or nonhydrogenated organic shortening and lite coconut milk. You can use a tablespoon of honey and the listed amount of stevia to sweeten it.

Add butter, half and half or coconut milk, and sea salt to mug. Melt for 30 seconds on HIGH in microwave, or until butter is liquified. Add vanilla and drizzle egg into mug while whisking it with a fork. Add the dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly with fork until batter is smooth and evenly mixed. Whisk in vinegar. Slap the bottom of the mug with the palm of your hand 10-20x to pop air bubbles. Place in the center of the batter a square or two of 70% cocoa chocolate or sugar-free milk chocolate for a gooey, melty center. Microwave mug on HIGH for 1 minute, 15 seconds, or until batter has cooked through. Let cool 1 minute. Top with s squirt of whipped cream or a dab of low carb cream cheese frosting if desired. Eat!

Description:

"This healthy yet decadent spin on the beloved One Minute Muffin is sure to hit the spot when you're crunched for time and craving the sweet stuff"

Source:

"http://www.healthyindulgences.net/"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This makes a VERY large serving, but it's the best cake I've had since going low-carb! I used whipping cream as I didn't have any half and half. I made a double batch in 2 mugs so that I could use the whole egg. This really is awesome!