Menu

Harry Potter's birthday is Tuesday

That flimsey excuse is why I will be having an open buffet styled feast for 2 days next week during which we will have a HP movie watching marathon.

I have the menu planned.

Going shopping tomorrow.

Inviting friends if they can make it.

Anyone else planning anything?

What am *thinking* of is making most of it this weekend and having an at your leisure feast layed out.

English muffins w/marmalade

Scones

Jam donuts

Eggs and bacon cups (make them in muffin cups in the oven. Faster. Don't have to stand over oven.)

"Butterbeer" coffee (aka pumpkin spice lattes)

Roasted drumsticks

French onion soup

Or Mulligatawny soup

With Irish soda bread

Tea and sugar biscuits (aka cookies)

Triffle?

Mincemeat pies ?

Lemon drops

Maybe also?

Pot roast

Yorkshire pudding with gravy

Buttered peas

Glazed carrots

Most of this can be made in advance and is sitting on sofa to eat friendly.

I figure the soup and roast will be in crockpots and eaten during a break between movies.

Our local bookstore is having a birthday party, so we will be attending. DS may go in costume.

I was about to send out an announcement on my local homeschool loop and decided I probably shouldn't. :lol: Don't want to rile things up. (I am always amazed at who is and isn't anti-HP. Some of the more conservative people I know love HP, while some of the less conservative people I know freak out at the mere mention of his name. Go figure.)

So how old would Harry be this year?

I once read that he was born in 1980, so 32 this year! (I'm sure I'll never be able to find the source for that!)

ETA: It was the Harry Potter Lexicon: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/timelines/timeline_harry.html

ETA2: I think in Deathly Hallows, the date on his parents' grave is 10/31/1981. I'd have to look it up to be sure.

Edited by Zuzu822

My birthday is too! Isn't that a silly point of pride? :lol::lol::lol: I love that Harry and I share a birthday.

It will be my birthday, too! :blush5:

I LOVE sharing my birthday with Harry....it always hurt with a pang when his birthday was ignored. :)

That flimsey excuse is why I will be having an open buffet styled feast for 2 days next week during which we will have a HP movie watching marathon.

I have the menu planned.

Going shopping tomorrow.

Inviting friends if they can make it.

Anyone else planning anything?

How fun! I'm up for a feast and a HP marathon. :)

My birthday is too! Isn't that a silly point of pride? :lol::lol::lol: I love that Harry and I share a birthday.

Happy Birthday to you! :)