Menu

Anyone use Life of Fred exclusively for younger grades?

funschooler5

We've used LoF Fractions, Decimals, and Pre-Algebra with my older kids (in addition to TT). I just noticed the LoF books for younger grades (Apples, Butterflies, Cats, etc). I normally use Singapore for grades K-3rd, but I'm wondering if it would work to use LoF only? DD7 seems like the perfect fit for this, as she grasps math concepts faster than my older two did, and she remembers facts well.

Are the books for younger kids supposed to be used as a stand-alone program?

They are intended to stand alone. I was content to do them just that way but DS was having trouble picking up the concepts being taught in Dogs for whatever reason so, as per the author's suggestion of a possible course of action, I'm waiting a while before continuing. That's the only reason I'm not doing it right now.

They are intended to stand alone. I was content to do them just that way but DS was having trouble picking up the concepts being taught in Dogs for whatever reason so, as per the author's suggestion of a possible course of action, I'm waiting a while before continuing. That's the only reason I'm not doing it right now.

Thanks for the info! :001_smile: