Menu

anyone doing anything for the olympics?

We find a reason several times a year to have a British tea party, so the Olympics look like another good excuse. :D (We started this when using Galloping the Globe five years ago.)

We have a British import store nearby, so I dropped by today and picked up a few new items. I thought they might have more stuff for the Olympics, but didn't. I did buy a vintage Olympic picture from '48 that will adorn our table and another that said, "Keep Calm and Go For the Gold." They also had large gold medals made out of chocolate. I think I may come up with a competition for DH and DS to see who wins the 'gold.' :D

I have to figure out my menu yet, but it will be finger sandwiches, mini tarts and such.

We will do something. I may steal the idea of the cake with Olympic ring M&Ms!

My dd and I were interviewed by our local station yesterday, and they called her a "2016 hopeful." It was very surreal. I can't imagine how much more so for the athletes and families in London.

Hmmm...hadn't planned anything, but maybe I'll use the occasion as an excuse to buy a jar of Marmite for my husband. He grew up with the stuff and loves it; I think it smells like laundry that was left in the washer for a few weeks. I suppose this would be a good time to lift, temporarily, the embargo.

And nachos. I associate nachos with the Olympics because the Salt Lake people way, way overbought nachos. So every venue sold nacho chips in one form or another, and they were exceedingly inexpensive (presumably because they wanted to unload the glut). They even gave us a free bag of nachos when we entered the curling venue, whether we wanted them or not.

So Marmite and nachos, it is. :)

My dd and I were interviewed by our local station yesterday, and they called her a "2016 hopeful." It was very surreal. I can't imagine how much more so for the athletes and families in London.

That is sooooo cool! Is that a goal of hers? Where does she train? My dd wants to make the Olympics in gymnastics too! She has been so motivated by watching the trials!

i'm going to try this: its the declutter olympics ;)

http://www.flylady.net/d/flylady-games-2012/

anything to make this job more fun!

we dont' have tv, and nbc, for reasons clear only to them, isn't streaming the opening or closing ceremonies. last olympics, we got to watch precisely nothing, because nbc didn't give access to their olympic broadcasts unless you were already a tv subscriber with a service provider. it gets old....

ann

Awesome!

My kids have planned *party food* for the opening ceremony. However, I like the idea of fish and chips! I wish I knew how to make yummy ones at home!

I saw a cute idea: they put colored lifesavers (in the colors of the Olympics rings) in glasses of sprite.

No, sadly, we just ditched cable (what was I thinking...should have waited) to save money (along with the newspaper and house phone). So, unless it's on internet, we won't see it. Maybe we'll run over the church to watch the opening tonight.

OT: day two with no cable and the kids are playing with TOYS and are perfectly happy with netflix.

That is sooooo cool! Is that a goal of hers? Where does she train? My dd wants to make the Olympics in gymnastics too! She has been so motivated by watching the trials!

She trains here in our hometown, but also has to go to Texas (to the ranch) some, too. She is part of the Hopes program, with the goal of making the USA Junior National Team in the next year or two.