Menu

bOOk surgery question

Had a bOOK reduction on Tuesday. Went from 38G to a 38C/D (currently a D, but hoping it will be a C once the swelling subsides.)

They hurt so bad. Worse than any other surgery I've had (appy, gall bladder, hand, c/s, hyst, ureteral stents, etc).

How long will they hurt? I feel like I'm engorged and nursing a baby badger.

For me, it was really painful for 3-4 days, then got slightly better and gradually stopped hurting more each day and felt totally normal after about 3 weeks.

It will be worth it!

:iagree: On day 4 or 5, I was able to get dressed and go out to eat.

I was going to get a reduction this summer, but life intervened. Now I'm hoping for next summer.

In the meantime, I did find a wonderful fabulous incredible b00kshelf that has taken all the weight off of my shoulders. It actually comes in 34I - try finding that size in a regular store.

http://www.petticoatfair.com/shop/product.php?productid=17854&page=1

You may not have adequate pain medication. My dr wanted me at no more than a 3/10. I didn't take the vicodin very much, but I took it with ibuprofrin. I was uncomfortable and stiff and moved pretty gingerly, but I didn't have THAT much pain. I was very swollen, so the engorged part is right, lol.

I would give the doctor a call......

:grouphug:

You may not have adequate pain medication. My dr wanted me at no more than a 3/10. I didn't take the vicodin very much, but I took it with ibuprofrin. I was uncomfortable and stiff and moved pretty gingerly, but I didn't have THAT much pain. I was very swollen, so the engorged part is right, lol.

I would give the doctor a call......

:grouphug:

I decided I needed to alternate with Ibuprofen and that's helping. I'd been avoiding NSAIDS for the last few months, as I'd had a back injury and been taking them like M&Ms. My stomach wasn't happy with me.

But today seems to be better.

Another question? How much did they shrink when the swelling went down? I'm overflowing a D right now and I really wanted to be a C. I am going to be pissed if I still have big bOOks. I told him to err on the side of smaller!

And the incisions are gross. All gooey. Still closed and not red or anything, but damp and leaky.

Weird thing? He said I had a ton of milk still. Leah weaned 14 months ago! Good grief!

I always hear how this surgery is really is worth it. I would love to get brave enough. Keep us posted. I had milk for a long time and like you I thought it was weird. Here's to a C ! Feel better soon.

I decided I needed to alternate with Ibuprofen and that's helping. I'd been avoiding NSAIDS for the last few months, as I'd had a back injury and been taking them like M&Ms. My stomach wasn't happy with me.

But today seems to be better.

Another question? How much did they shrink when the swelling went down? I'm overflowing a D right now and I really wanted to be a C. I am going to be pissed if I still have big bOOks. I told him to err on the side of smaller!

And the incisions are gross. All gooey. Still closed and not red or anything, but damp and leaky.

Weird thing? He said I had a ton of milk still. Leah weaned 14 months ago! Good grief!

I really wanted a C, but ended up with a D. It's a major improvement on the H that I used to be. I'm still happy about it. I don't have the back and shoulder pain that I used to have. Clothes fit better. And people who didn't know that I had surgery commented on how much weight I lost. I didn't really lose any weight, just about 5 lbs. of breast tissue.

Mine went down another full cup size over the first three months post surgery. As far as pain, I was dressed and out of the house on the fourth day post op with minimal pain (and the leaking had almost stopped by then too).

It was so worth it though, I love my small D books (which seem small anyway after what I used to have).

Yeah, mine shrunk as the swelling receded, but not nearly as much as I had hoped. They're still a lot bigger than I had hoped. I'm a D, but since I was a J, it's a massive improvement. I was depressed, but I'm mostly ok with it.

Did you have a n1pple graft?

The incisions are gross and oozy, but they heal in a few weeks. Just wear grubby tshirts. :grouphug:

It took me about 4 days before I felt well enough to move around without moaning. I wasn't afraid to take the pain pills offered though. :D I really wanted to be a C cup but ended up as a D cup. The doctor explained it was the type of surgery I had, the lollipop one vs. the horizontal cut underneath the bOOk. When I gained weight, I ended up as a DD and that made me so mad after paying so much money for that surgery. I've lost weight now and have settled back into a D cup. Not my perfect result, to be honest, but still way better than before I had the surgery.

I'm amazed you even know a cup size right now. My chest was wrapped in bandages for the first week, and then the bandaging was reduced and I wore a stretchy sports bra 24/7 for quite some time. It took me a while before I was wearing a normal bra again.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, it's been a much longer recovery than I anticipated.

My rightie looks fab. I mean, 20 yr old fabulous.

The leftie is a mess. Got infected. Popped open last week and it now draining lots of goo. Surgeon said it was a hematoma/seroma and just to let it drain. I'm on day 12 of antibiotics with one more week left.

But I'm happy that I did it and I think they will look great when I'm done!

Yeah, mine shrunk as the swelling receded, but not nearly as much as I had hoped. They're still a lot bigger than I had hoped. I'm a D, but since I was a J, it's a massive improvement. I was depressed, but I'm mostly ok with it.

Did you have a n1pple graft?

The incisions are gross and oozy, but they heal in a few weeks. Just wear grubby tshirts. :grouphug:

They didn't remove the nipple, just moved it up. And the areola is MUCH smaller. I have the kind of anchor shaped scars (big scar in the crease with a line up to the nipple and around the nipple).

I'm still in a small D, but they're still swollen, so we will see. Honestly, I'm big boned, so D is fine.

I've been wearing one of those completely unsupportive Ahh bras and they actually stay up!