Menu

Diva users (female content)

I'm 31, with 3 kids and I LOVE my diva cup. It makes me not dread, or even care about my period. I have less cramps, and it seems shorter, also. I wear backup at night (mama cloth - which are cloth pads) and during that heavy first day or so. If you check ebay they usually have them pretty cheap. That is where I got mine.

It also took me about 3 months to get used to it. I had a lot of irritation for the first two months. I finally trimmed the end almost completely off. I don't have any problem removing it and I don't get irritated. I'm 48, have four kids, and have been using it for about 2 years. One hint I have to share is for cleaning. I tried baking soda, but couldn't get the stains and odor out. I finally put it in a cup and filled it with hydrogen peroxide. I let it soak for a day or two and it comes out clean and fresh.

I used to love mine. I trimmed the stem all the way off.

But since my second son was born, my flow has been too heavy to use it. I was having to empty it every hour or two, and still having leaks. Tampons/pads aren't any better, but somehow they're easier to change, esp. if I'm out in public.

[On a side note, next week I get a Mirena, and I'm really hoping it takes care of this excessive flow so I can go back to using my Diva.]

I finally trimmed the end almost completely off. I don't have any problem removing it and I don't get irritated. ... One hint I have to share is for cleaning. I tried baking soda, but couldn't get the stains and odor out. I finally put it in a cup and filled it with hydrogen peroxide. I let it soak for a day or two and it comes out clean and fresh.

Turning it inside out made it less....chafey for me, but it still wasn't something I could wear every day.

I'm 34 and have been using mine for 4 years. It makes that time of the month so much more comfortable. I've trimmed the stem completely off, AND I turn it inside out. That gives me maximum capacity as well as maximum comfort. No problems with removal, either.

For monthly cleaning, I mix 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 cup of white vinegar, put it in the microwave for a minute, then soak the cup for 15 minutes. Works great!

A great resource for answering questions is the menstrual cup discussion on LiveJournal. Look around in there for a TON of information on cup usage. HTH!

If I'm going to be home all day, or if it isn't a heavy day I like mine. I did have to cut the stem off too. But on a really heavy day when I'm not at home I choose other methods. It really needs to be washed every time you empty it, and I don't have the nerve to do that in public. Too gross.

I bought one a few months back. Maybe I'm too impatient to get past the "learning curve," but I don't love mine. I haven't tried trimming the stem though, and that might make it more comfortable. I'm kinda freaked out that if I trimmed the stem that I wouldn't be able to remove it :ohmy:. Maybe this is an unreasonable fear, but still....

Love love love LOVE my cup!!!!!

The first month I had mine I absolutely hated it. It hurt A LOT. Then, I realized that I had it in wrong. :glare:

Me too.:tongue_smilie: I have been using it for almost 5 years and love it. I went camping over Memorial Day and started early. I had nothing with me. I had to goto the store and buy tampons and it was icky. I was reminded of how much I used to loathe my cycle before I started using the diva. I really, really missed my diva cup.

I bought one a few months back. Maybe I'm too impatient to get past the "learning curve," but I don't love mine. I haven't tried trimming the stem though, and that might make it more comfortable. I'm kinda freaked out that if I trimmed the stem that I wouldn't be able to remove it :ohmy:. Maybe this is an unreasonable fear, but still....

The stem hurts if not trimmed off. All the way off. It won't put a hole in it and yes, you will still be able to reach it to pull it out. You don't pull on the stem, anyway, or you might spill the cup. You get a hold of it on two sides with thumb and forefinger to pull it out and pour it in the toilet.