Menu

Quik Q for Dr. Hive: If I took Claritin, can I take aspirin too?

I don't see why not. There is no aspirin in Claritin.

While that is one thing to look out for (seeing if a drug is also an ingredient in another product that's already been ingested), that is not the only reason to avoid.

Medications can interact with other unrelated drugs and can also interact with foods. Certain medical conditions would also be a reason not to take a medication. :)

I think that would be fine. In fact, I wouldn't have even wondered. I just grab and go.

Don't forget that you can call a pharmacist. They answer questions like that all the time and might be able to give you hints like, "If your ears start ringing, cut back on the aspirin."

I think that would be fine. In fact, I wouldn't have even wondered. I just grab and go.

Don't forget that you can call a pharmacist. They answer questions like that all the time and might be able to give you hints like, "If your ears start ringing, cut back on the aspirin."

Good point!

I took the aspirin and am still alive to tell about it. Off to take another one!

ETA: Thanks everyone!