Menu

WWS w/creative writing (writer?)

I think the first 16 weeks or so of WWS you can definitely add some other type of writing. We used Classical Composition Narrative with it for the first 1/2 of the year. I will say the last half of WWS steps up and the writing takes longer and you will find a week stretching into 2 weeks or more depending on how much you want to research your topic before hand and also how much practice your dc have had with note taking for reports. That just all took a lot longer than it says it will in the book.

I was using it with an 8 & 10 year old at the time, and I will say that having done the research a few more times this summer they are speeding up with it, but when it all starts to come together expect to spend more time on it.

I think the first 16 weeks or so of WWS you can definitely add some other type of writing. We used Classical Composition Narrative with it for the first 1/2 of the year. I will say the last half of WWS steps up and the writing takes longer and you will find a week stretching into 2 weeks or more depending on how much you want to research your topic before hand and also how much practice your dc have had with note taking for reports. That just all took a lot longer than it says it will in the book.

I was using it with an 8 & 10 year old at the time, and I will say that having done the research a few more times this summer they are speeding up with it, but when it all starts to come together expect to spend more time on it.

:iagree:

We could have done a creative writing program for a couple months, but then things step up in WWS and either he needed the extra day for catch up or he needed a break.

:bigear:

I plan to use WWS 4x a week and Creative on Fridays as suggested. We'll see how it works out. I'm a bit worried about the amount of writing.

This is our plan as well, and is the suggestion from the folks at PHP. I'm not worried about the amount of writing though since that is one of our main emphasis this year for 8th grade.

Blessings,

Lucinda

What are you using after WWS for Grade 9?

Anyone know when WWS2 will be out?

We are beta testing WWS2 during 8th grade, and if we were to continue hs'ing during high school I would keep dd going with WWS as each level comes out. As it is though, dd will be going to private school for 9-12. That is the plan though. And who knows? This particular school is a huge fan of SWB and has been reviewing WWS as a regular curriculum. Dd could still possibly use WWS for all I know.

BTW, I believe that the plan is to have WWS2 published in 2013.

Blessings,

Lucinda