Menu

Classical Writing Blog...Curriculm Envy

Kfamily

I love it. It had me chuckling throughout. :D Thanks for posting.

Its what I have come to realize. I need something that suits them, is ONE curricula rather than jumping all over the place, and that we stick with it.

Below (in my sig) is what we have. I'm purchasing stuff for next year soon, I have my list, I went thoroughly over it and removed extras (and will probably do so again, and further cut it back if possible) and I will NOT look at/purchase/consider curriculum other than whats in my sig or my to purchase list. So if I do (and its not regarding DS, still have to figure things out a bit there due to his problems) duly give me a cyber-kick :tongue_smilie:

hmm....wouldn't mind shiny floors though. Actually just being able to see the floor would be a start. :lol: I got down on hands and knees to clear up the loungeroom, and had DS jumping from the daybed onto my shoulders...hence why I am here 20 minutes later....I am kaput. :glare: Whilst there jumping about singing the ABC song.

That had me laughing this morning. Great article, though, and accurate! I think she put forth a good challenge.

I'm going to show that to dh, he'll get a kick out of it. He might even make me buy that spelling curriculum. He values shiny floors more than new tires on the dirt bike.

Oh. my. goodness. Talk about a fly on the wall:001_smile: That said, I WILL be purchasing my spelling curriculum today and maybe a few other things besides. The UPS man has not been here in several weeks and if he could somehow include the sparkling floors that would be wonderful!

I must admit that in the early days of my homeschooling journey I bought curriculum for the thrill of the buy. I found us never completing a curriculum/program because soon I was off to the next thing. I decided I wanted to teach my kids slow and steady, keep going and we will finish rather than try the next new thing.

I have watched the homeschool market explode through my homeschool journey. It bothers me that things have become so much about having the newest latest thing. Good solid programs feel the need to update/revise their programs every few years--and sell their new updated product to old users for a discount. The program worked just fine with the first kid you used it with---and if it didn't you figurd out how to tweak it to work or you wouldn't have saved it for the next kid!

Don't get me wrong---I love choices and find new things to use with different kids. But at some point, one needs to just be happy with what one has!

Very funny article but where is the link to buy the Spelling in a Box curriculum? It sounds great and $250 is not too much for mopped floors!

I was thinking of AAS and LoE. :tongue_smilie:

I'm thinking that if we just strapped big soapy sponges onto our kids' feet, they could practice their spelling words AND clean the floor at the same time. I bet we could get big sponges for a lot less than$250!

No, no-- we need sponges shaped like phonograms and and diacritical marks! I sense a hole in the market...

I'm a new homeschooler and this REALLY hit home with me. I'm still unsure of myself and not sure which curriculum will work, which is the 'best', etc etc. I'm definitely experiencing some curriculum envy. But I've stopped for now. I will use what I have this year. No more changes.

Unless someone really does come out with something that mops my floors.... that's kind of irresistible. ;)

But at some point, one needs to just be happy with what one has!

This is so true for everything in life. I'm working on that.

And this from the blog: Consistency is just as important as the RIGHT curriculum.

I may post that in my homeschool room.

I agree. There were funny parts but it hit too close to home for me. I am really going to focus on that this year.