Menu

Has anyone used Don Potters free spanish course?

Halcyon

We are thinking of using it in conjunction with Madrigal's Spanish.

Link:http://www.donpotter.net/spanish.html

Scrolll a but down and you will see the links to the pdfs and the audio files.

I'll be :bigear:. This is the first I've heard of it or Madrigal's.

:bigear: also. This would be a HUGE blessing in our house. I really wanted my son to take a local class but finances just aren't there. Thank you Halcyon for posting this!!!

T

You're more than welcome! I hadnt heard it mentioned here, at least not recently, and it looks quite nice. I have been eyeing Breaking the Barrier but for homeschoolers, it is too pricey. I think with the quite inexpensive Practice Makes Perfect books, you mit be able to cobble together something quite cheaply.

I'll be :bigear:. This is the first I've heard of it or Madrigal's.

Here s the link to madrigals:http://www.amazon.com/Madrigals-Magic-Key-Spanish-Creative/dp/0385410956

My boys like it because they can learn a lotof words quite easily!

Here s the link to madrigals:http://www.amazon.com/Madrigals-Magic-Key-Spanish-Creative/dp/0385410956

My boys like it because they can learn a lotof words quite easily!

I was going to ask if you did it with both of them. Do you have any familiarity with GSWS to explain how it compares?

I was going to ask if you did it with both of them. Do you have any familiarity with GSWS to explain how it compares?

We are finishing up GSWS. i know a bit of Spanish, so for me, it was a bit slow. We used GSWL which i really liked, so it's probably just me. I want something a but more rigorous.

We are finishing up GSWS. i know a bit of Spanish, so for me, it was a bit slow. We used GSWL which i really liked, so it's probably just me. I want something a but more rigorous.

Hmm, then perhaps I should revisit these ideas after GSWS since Spanish is relatively new for us.

I know less Spanish than you, and I've kind of dropped GSWS. With the amount of Latin that DD has learned, we need something like SYRWTLS, which we have, but the text size is unbearably small.

Madrigal Spanish will have a kindle version in September. I may get that, if you think it is indeed more rigorous than GSWS. Otherwise, I may have to get BtB Spanish, but this course doesn't feel enough for me for the price.

I know less Spanish than you, and I've kind of dropped GSWS. With the amount of Latin that DD has learned, we need something like SYRWTLS, which we have, but the text size is unbearably small.

Madrigal Spanish will have a kindle version in September. I may get that, if you think it is indeed more rigorous than GSWS. Otherwise, I may have to get BtB Spanish, but this course doesn't feel enough for me for the price.

Keep in mind that Madrigal and BtB are very different approaches to Spanish. BtB is grammar oriented, which is why it appeals to me. Madrigals approaches the language by focusing on words you already know in spanish (but dont realize you know) i am hoping that combined with practice books and perhaps don potter, we will make it work. T be honest, i kinda dropped the ball with Spanish last year. Because i know a bit of Spanish, GSWS felt a little slow, and Latin was a lot of hard work, and will continue to be. I hope i can stick with spanish this year.

Oh, and SYRWTLS looks good, but again, not as grammar oriented as btb. Don potters, upon initial perusla, LOOKS to be a nice balance of the two, but that may be wishful thinking on my part because it's free :tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Keep in mind that Madrigal and BtB are very different approaches to Spanish. BtB is grammar oriented, which is why it appeals to me. Madrigals approaches the language by focusing on words you already know in spanish (but dont realize you know) i am hoping that combined with practice books and perhaps don potter, we will make it work. T be honest, i kinda dropped the ball with Spanish last year. Because i know a bit of Spanish, GSWS felt a little slow, and Latin was a lot of hard work, and will continue to be. I hope i can stick with spanish this year.

Oh, and SYRWTLS looks good, but again, not as grammar oriented as btb. Don potters, upon initial perusla, LOOKS to be a nice balance of the two, but that may be wishful thinking on my part because it's free :tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Sounds like you're going to be combining a few programs. :001_smile: or maybe it's this feeling, :glare: because that's how I'm feeling.