Menu

Stimulus check help

I don't know for sure, but I'd give them a call. We had an issue this year where we had to file an ammended return for last year. We hadn't heard yet, so we called a couple days ago. The woman told dh that our file hadn't been assigned to anyone yet, but that she'd take it on. She said we'd hear in 2 - 4 weeks. We have a vacation riding on this money, so dh asked if she'd please call us and let us know if this money is coming or not. She called us back the NEXT DAY!!! (We got the money!)

So, give them a call. They are VERY nice and willing to help! Be ready to spend about 30 minutes on hold though.

I just found this on the IRS website.

"People who file a return after April 15 will receive their economic stimulus payment, but probably later than the schedule shows. A return must be filed by October 15 in order to receive a stimulus payment this year."

As long as you file by the extension deadline, you should still receive the rebate.

KIN's dh